January 2012 Moms
Options

Back to work tomorrow.

Back to work tomorrow. I am really nervous about returning tomorrow. I feel that my body has changed a lot during these two weeks off. (I am a teacher and I travel this year - meaning I do not have a classroom, I move from room to room for each of my classes.)

I get tired and winded so quickly. But my biggest concern is my SPD. I have had it most of this pregnancy, but yesterday and today is is extremely painful. I was thinking I had over exerted myself Saturday and that was why I felt so awful yesterday. But I really took it easy yesterday and am still in a great deal of pain today. I am really really dreading tomorrow!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Back to work tomorrow.

• Options
    I hope it goes well for you!  I'm a teacher and we go back a week from today (we didn't get out until the 22nd).  I'm really dreading going back then if LO hasn't arrived yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Options
    Hope it goes well for you.  I am going back tomorrow also, and am so over all the comments, and I have a ton of meetings.  I just keep looking at each day and week as being closer to LO getting here.  That is the only thing keeping me going.  I really dread trying to come back after my leave. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck!  I'm a teacher and was supposed to go back today, but got put on bed rest Friday.  Unfortunately, my board sub is MIA so I am having to throw together random lesson plans that someone who doesn't know physics can execute.  AH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a teacher too and go back to work tomorrow. Although I'm still holding out hope that I will go into labor sometime before 8:07 tomorrow morning:) Hope everything goes well for you.
  • Options

Since there are so many teachers in this thread, I have to know - don't public schools follow the federal holiday system?  I thought today was NY Day observed, so today should be off, right?

I have 2 friends who are working today that are public school teachers! 

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Another teacher here going back tomorrow and dreading it! In terms of the federal holiday, there are few counties in our state (Maryland) who are back today, so I guess that it can come down to a local decision on the part of the school systems.  I want to get through the next four days, get my room sub ready and then, I hate to say it, go through the motions for the next couple of weeks. Luckily I have been teaching this same curriculum for several years and have everything pretty much planned out for the month of January.  The semester ends the day before my due date, so if baby comes on time it could be a easy place to start for the sub.  Good luck to all the teachers out there, it is so tough to stay off our feet all day and I know that I am really going to have to force myself as much as possible! 
  • Options
    add me to the list...i go back tomorrow too. I know everyone is going to say "you didn't have the baby yet?" i hope I can at least make it through this short week. If i have the baby today I will have to go back to work on my birthday in Feb!! (only taking 8 weeks off) so I hope she stays put a few more days!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Another teacher here going back to work tomorrow. I, however, am actually looking forward to it as I feel it will make the weeks left go faster. I got everything on my to do list done within the first 2 days of break and have started to drive myself crazy just sitting and waiting/wishing/overanalyzing everything for labor to start. Our semester ends the 19th so I am actually hoping I make it until then as it would be an easier transition for my sub.
  • Options

We had meetings this morning, but had the option to leave this afternoon if we were finished with the items that the administration had for us to do.  Here in Nebraska all of that scheduling is up to the individual districts to work out.  We are the only ones in our area who had to report today.  Also, this may sound a little whine-y (especially to those of you who aren't teachers), but we didn't get out until the 22nd, meaning that we only had 6 school days off for our break...I'm still bitter about that.  I guess it will be worth it when LO is here and we get out earlier in May.

I'm in agreement that I'd love to be able to stay home until LO arrives, but I'm also looking forward to having the distraction of school to keep me from thinking that every contraction or feeling of dampness is labor.  I'm so bad at getting over-anxious, though.  

To other teachers, I'd like to know how much maternity time (if any) your contract includes and/or how much time you are taking off?  My contract includes 4 weeks, and I'm taking 2 weeks of sick leave after that for a total of 6 weeks (and am already dreading having to go back).

• Options
    We have to use our accumulated sick days for any leave we take at all. This is my third year teaching and I only have 30 days accumulated so that I all I am taking. I also am already dreading going back. :(
  • Options
    imagesweets7508:

We had meetings this morning, but had the option to leave this afternoon if we were finished with the items that the administration had for us to do.  Here in Nebraska all of that scheduling is up to the individual districts to work out.  We are the only ones in our area who had to report today.  Also, this may sound a little whine-y (especially to those of you who aren't teachers), but we didn't get out until the 22nd, meaning that we only had 6 school days off for our break...I'm still bitter about that.  I guess it will be worth it when LO is here and we get out earlier in May.

I'm in agreement that I'd love to be able to stay home until LO arrives, but I'm also looking forward to having the distraction of school to keep me from thinking that every contraction or feeling of dampness is labor.  I'm so bad at getting over-anxious, though.  

To other teachers, I'd like to know how much maternity time (if any) your contract includes and/or how much time you are taking off?  My contract includes 4 weeks, and I'm taking 2 weeks of sick leave after that for a total of 6 weeks (and am already dreading having to go back).

We have to use any previously banked sick time up to 6 weeks.  You can take up to 13 weeks FMLA, but they will only pay you for 6 weeks (or 8 weeks if C-section) or until your sick days run out....whichever occurs first.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Well I feel a little left out that I'm not a teacher but I am also going back tomorrow until the baby comes!  My due date is Thursday/Friday depending on who you ask, so I'm hoping to just have to be there one more week!  Mostly I am dreading just being sort of bored, since I finished up all my work before Christmas and handed off everything so I will be just doing daily tasks that I can finish in one day.  We have a gym at work so I plan on taking a little longer lunches and walking walking walking on the treadmill.  It will help pass the time and can't hurt!
  • Options

I feel ya! I am a teacher too, and tomorrow I will be 38 weeks. Thankfully, I don't travel anywhere this year, but I have in the past, so I know what you are dealing with. Just try to rest whenever you can!

Luckily for me, I am only going back a day or two and then I am officially on leave! I have a RCS scheduled for next week and am taking a few days off before! :)

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"