Blended Families
Options

What nerve! Another BM vent!

So get this. While BM had SS she decided to go to my FIL's and give him home made candy. He gave SS 50$ and told BM half was for My DS for Christmas. She let SS spend all of it on video games (some of which were M rated that we don't allow) Then told us it was all for SS ( we visited FIL tonight and he told us otherwise). I am livid. Who visits their X's dad??? Then basically steals from a 2 y/o. I am really finding it difficult to continue to be happy for her when she is turning into a complete witch since leaving her H.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: What nerve! Another BM vent!

• Options
    That would tick me off as well and the worse part is ya'll can't do anythign about it. I'd have your husband tell her how unacceptable that is but at the end of the day your not going to see that money again...what did FIL think about it? and the type of person who steals from a 2 year old is someone who has no respect for you or your family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Personally? Your FIL is a moron for giving her that money and saying that. Who does that? 'hey pass this along'. Why couldn't he wait until he saw you guys? His fault. And peOple seeing their ex's parents isn't all that weird, if they were close. While I agree this sucks, I think it was handled totally wrong to begin with. 
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekaratechrissy:
    Personally? Your FIL is a moron for giving her that money and saying that. Who does that? 'hey pass this along'. Why couldn't he wait until he saw you guys? His fault. And peOple seeing their ex's parents isn't all that weird, if they were close. While I agree this sucks, I think it was handled totally wrong to begin with. 
    I agree. I used to take my ds to see his dads grandma and aunt ( especially on holidays I had ds and bd didn't ). While bm was wrong fil wasn't to bright on this one. If he gave the total amount to your dh that would make more sense.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am also faulting your FIL. Who gives someone money for a kid that isn't theirs? He should have given your DH the money. That's just weird.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I do agree that FIL is at much at fault but in his defense he saw SS and wanted to give him something. It was just one bill. She should have just not let him spend any and gave it to us. I will make it right by going and getting DS something from "Papaw" though. If not SS will gloat about it. MIL really does favor SS over DS so SS always gloats. Makes me want to Pretend I don't know him. We really have raised him better but he is eleven.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I'm also on team "Blame FIL." Either he didn't actually tell her what he now tells you he told her, or he didn't make it clear to her and this is a misunderstanding, or he's just a moron. I mean, if you're giving money as a gift (and who gives cash to a two year old?) you put it in a card with the person's name on it, and you give it to that person. You don't hand the ex-wife of the father of the kid the money and say "this is for your ex-husband's new wife's baby."

As for the video games being rated M,  different parents have different rules. Let your H deal with BM about agreeing on what's appropriate and what's not.

• Options

imagemrs.dovey:
    I do agree that FIL is at much at fault but in his defense he saw SS and wanted to give him something. It was just one bill.

So, he gave his grandson a gift as an afterthought? I'm beginning to suspect that when he talked to you, he "remembered" that he wanted to give a gift to your kid too, and only at that point did he say that half of that money was for your kid. I seriously doubt he said any such thing to the BM. He sounds either thoughtless or forgetful, if he didn't think about handing money over until he saw SS. 

• Options

Not to sound sexist, but men sometimes don't stop and think that far out. And he thought he could trust her to make sure her son did just as he asked. He was probably just trying to be nice and I think it was done with the right intentions.

Your DH needs to confront BM and politely ask for half the $$ that she allowed her son to spend completely on himself. If she refuses, let it go, but the point is to make sure she knows that you know and that if FIL ever does this again and entrusts her with money, BE SURE that it goes to the right person.   I would then suggest that DH suggest politely to his father that he not entrust BM again.

I'd get over the visiting the ex FIL thing. I also think it was decent of BM to take her son to see his Grandfather.  Although what she did with the money was wrong, it's nice that she gave her son and FIL some more time together for the holiday.

• Options
    They were never married and she tricked DH into baby. (not that he or I regret that. Love SS like he was my own. FIL doesn't like BM (neither does MIL. Long story but basically she kept SS from DH for 6 months. She moved out of state and wouldn't tell where too) they are polite to her for SS's sake but def are not close with her. To the poster who said FIL might not have made him self clear. You are probably right. FIL is a hoarder and has honestly never done anything for his kids or grandiose for Christmas, which we are fine with. It took me by surprise when she said he gave SS the money.

as far as the games it isn't a "my rule" DH, BM, and I discussed it last year that we would let him play T but not M till he was at least 14.

I do understand why she is doing this. She wants SS to like her and making us the bad guy helps her achieve that. Dh is concerned she is going to try and get custody back for the Child Support. (even though she is 7,000 behind in her support. She quit her job and just got a four bedroom apartment.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagemrs.dovey:
    To the poster who said FIL might not have made him self clear. You are probably right. FIL is a hoarder and has honestly never done anything for his kids or grandiose for Christmas, which we are fine with. It took me by surprise when she said he gave SS the money.

So then why exactly are we blaming the BM if you think it's likely that your FIL didn't make himself clear that half the money was for your son?

• Options
    imageKensingtonBK:

imagemrs.dovey:
    To the poster who said FIL might not have made him self clear. You are probably right. FIL is a hoarder and has honestly never done anything for his kids or grandiose for Christmas, which we are fine with. It took me by surprise when she said he gave SS the money.

So then why exactly are we blaming the BM if you think it's likely that your FIL didn't make himself clear that half the money was for your son?

because it still wasn't her place to take him to spend the money. SS told me he wanted to go buy a slot car with it and she made him get games.

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"