Pregnant after IF
Options

Gender prediction

So it might be an old wives tale but I just heard that if you look at your 8-9 week ultrasound picture you can predict the gender of the baby.  If the fetus is curled up like a cashew it's a girl if it's flat it's a boy! Does anyone know the sex of the baby and have an 8 week u/s picture to see if it's flat or a cashew! Trying to test this to see if it's true. Mine is flat so if this is right, a boy it is!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Gender prediction

• Options
    Interesting! Hopefully the ladies who are farther along will verify this. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Here is my 8 week (and a few days) u/s pic and we had a boy

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Never heard that one before.  I just looked through our u/s pics at that time and our baby boy is curled up like a cashew. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies ladies. I guess the only way to really know is at 20 weeks w an ultrasound. Definitely was interesting in knowing if that had any truth to it or not. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageRias:
    Thanks for the replies ladies. I guess the only way to really know is at 20 weeks w an ultrasound. Definitely was interesting in knowing if that had any truth to it or not. 

Sorry -- it's definitely fun trying to figure things out but I think most of this stuff is just guess-work.  My 6w3d u/s definitely looks like a cashew, but the one from 7w4d looks more flat.   

I found another study suggesting that the side of your uterus the baby implants on can predict if it's a boy or girl -- supposedly implanting on the right side meant boy and left side meant girl.  They claimed like 95% accuracy from early u/s.  But it was totally wrong for me!  LO was definitely implanted over on the right in my early u/s and it turned out to be a girl!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We tried that and I thought it might be a girl, but no way to tell.  We did do the blood test kit that JAMA said was 95% accurate and they said we were having a girl-- I was so relieved because we had originally tried gender selection since things that run in my family tend to be more severe in males.  So we picked out a girl name, etc.  Then at our 22 week ultrasound we found boy parts!  And we found them two other times.  Its a boy in there!  I was so shocked.  I could have sworn I was having a girl too, for no particular reason.  So my lesson was wait and verify with amnio or multiple ultrasounds before you think you really know!  Now we have finally picked out a boy name and I am much more used to the idea. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"