January 2012 Moms
Options

XP: tricked in to getting pregnant..

From 1st-Tri board.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/61737931.aspx

I'd be pissed.. but then again it seems like their whole relationship is based on deceit. I normally hate it when every person on TB says "counseling!" right away, but in this situation I have to agree that counseling is a great idea..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: tricked in to getting pregnant..

• Options
    I'm honestly not sure that "counseling" is the right answer in this case.  This relationship seems so wrecked, that I'm not sure they can ever hope to approach a normal, happy, healthy relationship again.  How can they ever trust each other?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Four posts?  I call MUD. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecrystalw13:
    Four posts?  I call MUD. 

Probl'y a baby brain moment but...

WTH is MUD?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    I felt sort of bad for her till I read she cheated on him, got pregnant and then aborted that baby.  What he did to her was not even close to as awful as what she did to him.  I hope she gives the baby up for adoption and they get a divorce.  
  • Options

I don't think it's MUD.  I have seen way more unhealthy relationships than healthy ones...so I know they are out there.

I like the comment that basically says a baby's life is on the line for 2 selfish immature a$$holes that stay together just to hurt each other over and over.  I can never understand why people who have no respect for each other and hurt each other constantly, stay together.

Not like I didn't have a relationship or 2 like that in my 20s, but I didn't understand why I accepted it then and I still don't.  Makes me sick to look back on it.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Options
    imageSascha3:

I don't think it's MUD.  I have seen way more unhealthy relationships than healthy ones...so I know they are out there.

I like the comment that basically says a baby's life is on the line for 2 selfish immature a$$holes that stay together just to hurt each other over and over.  I can never understand why people who have no respect for each other and hurt each other constantly, stay together.

Not like I didn't have a relationship or 2 like that in my 20s, but I didn't understand why I accepted it then and I still don't.  Makes me sick to look back on it.

I got a kick out of that comment as well. PP, I agree that maybe counseling won't fix things and that maybe they just need to divorce, but I think counseling is worth a shot at least.
  • Options

MUD =  Made Up Drama.

I guess I hope its MUD.   I cringe of the thought of that being a true story. *shudder*

• Options
    Is it wrong that I find this entertaining?
  • Options
    Not at all.. I find posts like this extremely entertaining! Which is why I re-posted! I wouldn't want to be the only one entertained tonight. Smile
  • Options
    It sounds fake to me.  But, if not, it's incredibly sad. 
  • Options

The OP is just stupid.  Case in point (from the OP, bold is my emphasis)

"My husband and I have been married for 5 years and recently started talking about having children. He was ready to start trying, but I was a little hesitant and felt like I wanted to wait another year. We decided to switch over to condoms as our primary method of birth control and I stopped taking my pill. Well I recently found out I was pregnant and I was pretty shocked even though I know condoms aren't 100% effective."

WTH?  She's not ready to get pg but she stops taking the pill?  She willing took the gamble to get pg.  If she really wasn't ready she would have stayed on BCPs.  Now, because of her stupidity, a child will suffer.  I just don't understand some people.... 

• Options

imageagreg521:
    Is it wrong that I find this entertaining?

Nope, i check out some of the nest boards specificlly to find stuff that is entertaining. I dont cross post them, and sometimes I even offer a bit of life experience advice. But often I just find the really bad DH/SO stories to read to my DH.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options

WTH?  She's not ready to get pg but she stops taking the pill?  She willing took the gamble to get pg.  If she really wasn't ready she would have stayed on BCPs.  Now, because of her stupidity, a child will suffer.  I just don't understand some people.... 

Neither condoms nor the pill have a 100 percent effective rate. In fact, I think condoms have a higher effective rate than the pill does.  The pill is only 97% effective.  So, switching birth control methods is not any more of a gamble then continuing to take the pill.  If you're going to call everyone stupid who uses condoms then you might as well tell everybody to abstain completely from sex their whole lives and only have sex when they want a baby.  

• Options
    imageThinkerbelle80:

Neither condoms nor the pill have a 100 percent effective rate. In fact, I think condoms have a higher effective rate than the pill does.  The pill is only 97% effective.  So, switching birth control methods is not any more of a gamble then continuing to take the pill.  If you're going to call everyone stupid who uses condoms then you might as well tell everybody to abstain completely from sex their whole lives and only have sex when they want a baby.  

I should have been more clear in my post.  She should have stuck with a method SHE had control over.  Too many things can go wrong with condoms--they can silp off, break, her husband can sabatoge them, etc.  If she would have stayed on BCPs she could have kept them with her, reducing the risk of them being tampered with, and had control over when she took them. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"