Pregnant after IF

1hr glucose test results :(

i failed my 1hr glucose :(   i knew i'd be borderline so i wasn't surprised, so now i have to go back on thursday morning, fasting, for the 3 hour test.  that should be fun, considering i'm still puking my brains out every morning!

now here's the awkward part!...i was planning on giving my letter of resignation to my boss on tuesday since we're closed monday, but now i feel weird giving my letter of resignation & asking for a half day on thursday LOL  so i guess i'll give it in on friday instead lol...i just can't wait to start my new job!!!!

and we scheduled our a/s for jan. 26th, i can't wait, even though i'll be closing my eyes at a certain part LOL

i know chances are i have GD, since i've been dealing with a nutritionist for the past few years, but i was hoping that after all the dieting, things would have changed. hoping for better results, but i guess i'll be googling GD info this weekend!

hope you all have a great weekend and are feeling well!

xoxo Noelle

**~*Noelle*~**
Happily Wed DH in May 2010
June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 1hr glucose test results :(

• Sorry you failed the 1 hr glucose test and have to do the 3 hour.  However, it sounds like you have a good plan if you do have GD and I'm sure that you'll be able to deal with it well!

TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • thanks! yea, my mom had juvenile diabetes that she dealt with her whole life, she wa a very brittle diabetic, so i at least have a handle on what i'll have to do, i just didn't want to have to be on this road...i'm hoping it goes away after baby!
    **~*Noelle*~**
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh Hun, I'm so sorry. Good luck on the 3 hr test on Thurs.
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sorry. Good luck on the 3 hour! Fingers crossed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • thanks ladies!!
    **~*Noelle*~**
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hopefully you pass the 3 hour and won't have to worry, but...

Google is still frustrating when it comes to GD.  Sad but true.  There is quite a bit of info out there regarding diabetes, but not all will pertain to GD especially depending on how your body reacts to certain foods. 

I failed by 1 point on the 1 hour test & for the 3 hour failed the 2 hour draw bad and the 3 hour by 1 point (had I passed, I would not have been diagnosed as GD).

It is not an ideal diagnosis by any means, especially with Type 1 in your family history.  There is type 2 (grandfather) in my family and BIL is type 1, needless to say I freaked out with the diagnosis.

So far, I have been able to keep mine under control with diet, but honestly, I still eat quite a bit of what I used to.  The one change I have made is whole wheat bread thins and I drink less milk than I would like/crave.

Good points?  Yes there are a few.  My OB started to monitor me weekly with biophysical profiles (BPP) and every 3 weeks growth u/s.  Some OBs will do NSTs instead of the BPPs.  During the BPP, my first was Thurs, I got to see LO doing practice breathing, they measured to check growth, checked his heart movement, placenta and more.  It was nice to see baby in there.  Since being diagnosed, I have lost weight while baby is still getting bigger and I am eating more often than I was before.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Aww, I'm so sorry you failed your 1 hr.  GL at your 3 hr!  Maybe it was just an off day?
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I am so sorry you failed your test -- heres to hoping you pass the 3 hour!

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards