January 2012 Moms
Options

Off Topic, but I need T & P

I couldn't have had a worse start to 2012 than I had this morning.  Last night, not long after midnight, my scottish terrier Millie began throwing up.  We weren't sure what was wrong, but we thought that she'd get better because she was only throwing up clear liquid.  Unfortunately, this morning, she had blood coming out of her back side, and we rushed her to the emergency clinic.  She couldn't even hold up her own head.  At the moment, she is still in the hospital.  She is stable, but she really isn't getting any better, and they have yet to be able to figure what is wrong with her.

I know that I should be worried about my health and my unborn LO right now, but I have not been able to stop crying all day.  Some people may think that she's just a dog, but she's my very first baby, and I don't know what I'll do if she doesn't make it.  I would honestly trade my life for hers right now, and I won't be ok until she is back in my arms again.  I really need people to send her positive thoughts or prayers or whatever they feel appropriate.  I just can't lose her and start out what should be the best year of my life so terribly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Off Topic, but I need T & P

• Options

I would totally feel the way you do if I were in your shoes. I'm so sorry.

T&P going yours and your dogs way.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I will keep you in my prayers. I would feel the same exact way if either one of my pups was sick.

I hope she gets better and no matter how ill she may seem she could pull through it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Healing thoughts and prayers are on their way.  My precious service dog, Hans, has been sick before and it kills me.  I rely on him so much and just thinking about something happening to him makes me cry so I definately know what you're going through.  Hopefully it's something simple and easy to treat and she's up and playing in no time.

Hans sends Millie some kisses and well wishes too.

• Options

Poor thing, I will definitely send some Millie's way.  My baby was sick with parvo and almost didn't make it, but miracles happen and she survived!  Millie can too!  I know how precious our animals can be to us and I feel for you.  Hoping for a quick and speedy recovery. 

Like PP, Bealsey wishes Millie well :)

• Options

Sending T&P Millie's way! It is amazing what these little animals can pull through!

Keep us posted!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My rescue dog, Easy, and I are sending Millie healing thoughts and prayers.

Last year at this time, he had a sudden digestive issue, requiring emergency explorative surgery.  It was devastating and I know how you feel.  I was without him for 5 days, and would go to the vet to visit with him before work every day.  We had no clue if he would make it or not.

I can't imaging going through the emotions you are feeling while being pregnant but you are obviously strong and will do whatever is best for your both Millie and your LO.

Will be looking for your udpate and will keep the prayers coming in the meantime.  Easy is now healthier than ever and hopefully Millie will be too in time. 

(hugs)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I feel the exact same way about my dogs.  My little one had a hypoglycemic attack last night and I almost ran out the door to the emergency vet until the syrup I gave her started to kick in.

Me and my chihuahuas are sending positive thoughts to Millie.  Please update us.  My dogs are my babies too.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Options

You are a wonderful thoughtful and careing pet parent. I would be crying my eyes out too in your shoes.

Many good thoughts sending your way for the puppy.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options

Just an update on Millie.

After a full day of tests and trials, they discovered that it is a bacterial infection that is attacking her liver and kidneys.  Since they know what is wrong, they can finally treat her.  She is slowly improving, the bleeding has stopped, and she has been able to lift her head up a few times.  The doctor thinks that her chances of pulling through are very good, and we will pick her up in the morning to transfer her to our regular vet.  At that point, we will learn more and see what else is needed for her recovery.  Until then, its overnight observation, IV fluids, and antibiotics.

Thank you all for your prayers and support.  I will let everyone know when she is finally able to come home.  I just hope LO can stay put until Millie comes home.  Concentrating on labor won't be easy if Millie is still fighting to survive.

• Options
    I'm glad you have a good update!  Sending my best thoughts that she continues to do better and comes home soon.  Hang in there, I understand.
  • Options

Thanks for the update!  I made sure to give Hans and Henry (my other dog) extra cuddles today since I can't give your Millie any.  Hopefully now that they know what's wrong she can get treatment and is on the road to recovery.

• Options
    imageEleni&Josh:

Just an update on Millie.

After a full day of tests and trials, they discovered that it is a bacterial infection that is attacking her liver and kidneys.  Since they know what is wrong, they can finally treat her.  She is slowly improving, the bleeding has stopped, and she has been able to lift her head up a few times.  The doctor thinks that her chances of pulling through are very good, and we will pick her up in the morning to transfer her to our regular vet.  At that point, we will learn more and see what else is needed for her recovery.  Until then, its overnight observation, IV fluids, and antibiotics.

Thank you all for your prayers and support.  I will let everyone know when she is finally able to come home.  I just hope LO can stay put until Millie comes home.  Concentrating on labor won't be easy if Millie is still fighting to survive.

What a promising update!  That's wonderful news...Wishing Millie a speedy recovery. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    So happy for a positive update, I can't imagine what you're going through.  I honestly love my dog more than life itself and would feel the exact same way as you if something like that happened.  Keeping Millie and your family in my thoughts, hope she recovers and is home with you guys very, very soon!!   
    DSC_0637DSC_0742 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"