Cloth Diapering

thoughts on newborn stash?

I have so far 30 KL0's and a couple other fitteds, 6 covers.  I'm hoping we can go to one size diapers after that (ds was disposable diapered so i'm very new).

How many covers should i have? what are your favorites for the kissas?

Also, i have a lady offering me some little joeys AIO for what seems to be a good price. Do i need to get any AIO when i think I have enough fitteds?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: thoughts on newborn stash?

• I'm new to this too and have yet to cloth diaper a little one, but from all the research I've done, you're stash is well-stocked. I've never even heard of KLO's (and google search was no help), but I think that's plenty to keep you going during the newborn stage. I will also probably only get 3 or 4 covers for the newborn stage, so I think 6 is plenty. Not much help for the rest of your Q's.
  • I think what you have now will work great. My favorite covers were always the Thirsties in aplix. 

As far as AIO's, It's more about what works for you. I wish that I would have had some "easier" diapers for others when they were trying to change LO as a newborn. We used prefolds and covers until she was big enough for OS diapers. Most people are a little intimidated by cloth, so AIO's are a little more familiar. Also, it would have been nice to have a few for H, when he was frustrated with the prefolds. (It took us a few weeks to get the hang of it) So, I have started buying  AIO and fitted NB diapers here and there for our next baby even though I'm not pregnant.

On the Lil Joeys, ask for pictures. Any more than $9-10 a piece, and that's too much. (And thats in excellent condition, a few dollars less for less quality)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would say that 6 covers is plenty. We had 3 and wished I had just one more. We used bummis and Thirsties covers. You have enough fitteds to wash every other day. If the AIOs are a good price, I suggest getting them. MIL is super confused with LO's CDs, so an AIO might be good for when non-cloth people have to change baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 6 covers is plenty, so you are good to go. I would get a couple of AIOs or pockets for easy of use when you are out or someone else is changing the baby. But, I wouldn't go with the little joeys. They ALWAYS leaked for me. I use XS FB and newborn Grovia and loved both of those.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"