June 2012 Moms
Options

Whiney...Why can't I feel them yet!?

I can't believe I can't feel them moving yet! When I had my elective on Monday the tech kept saying "I can't believe you don't feel them!" She said it over and over. She pushed on my belly a couple of times with her finger and I could actually see where her finger was moving the babies in my womb. They are up slightly above my belly button now, which is wild!

I keep telling myself, "any day now."

I'm so impatient, though! I was listening to them on the doppler tonight and I could tell by the way their heartbeats were fading in and out when I held the probe perfectly still that they were moving like crazy. I'm just so bummed I can't feel them yet.

Anyone else in the same boat?? 

Re: Whiney...Why can't I feel them yet!?

• Options
    I am soo frustrated that I can't feel anything yet! I see people on these boards all the time that say they have felt movement as early as 13 weeks.  What the heck!  My doctor actually said as a first time mom I probably won't feel anything until almost 22 weeks.  I definitely feel your pain!
    image image image image image image image image
  • Options
    If it weren't for my doppler I would've lost my mind by now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You are ALMOST there to feel movement.  Eat something sweet and laydown on your back in the evening.  That worked with #1.  When I sit in the jet tub for a bit I notice the new baby flutter after I turn jets off.

I think you may just have a strong ute that hasn't expanded to the size of a watermelon yet.  I can't wait for you to feel those babies!!! 

• Options
    I haven't felt anything. I really have no idea what I am supposed to be feeling either. I'm wondering if its bc I am too umm plump in my belly area. hah.
  • Options
    Oh, and I was about 18-19 wks when I first felt DD move. 
  • Options

I thought I felt one a couple days ago, but now I don't know.  I havent felt any butterfly or bubbles type movement.  I'm almost 18 weeks (with twins as you know) and I'm getting antsy too!

I figure if I'm just starting to get a belly, I'd like to think there is something in there that I can feel too!

• Options
    Yeah, first time pregnancy, lots of natural belly "padding", and an anterior placenta.  I have the grand old trifecta of "I am not going to feel this baby until 38 weeks"!
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • Options
    I am frustrated as well, especially when I read posts from fellow bumpies who are like 12-15 weeks. I am 18 weeks today and really hope I feel some movement before my next OB appt on the 13th.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    same here...i just want to feel LO move!!
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm in the exact same boat. It seems like everyone is saying that they are feeling their baby/babies move. I can't wait to feel him/her move. I started asked baby a few days before xmas to kick me as hard for an xmas present...but it didn't happen.

I noticed the same thing on my doppler...the heartbeat would fade in and out and I would have to chase it down. From one day to the next, baby did a complete flip flop from side to side and I only know this bc the heartbeat was at the complete opposite side of my stomach. It's so crazy to think that there is something as long as my hand doing somersaults in my stomach and I don't even know it.

Hopefully soon ;-)

• Options

Do you know if they are to the front or back of your uterus?  I can feel one much more often, and the anterior one only a maybe thump a couple times.  It's also hard to always recognize it, which is easier after the fact.  You'll be feeling them soon, good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I thnk the only reason I can feel her move is that I have lost 10 lbs and still haven't gained anything back and the fact that my uterus tilts to the front, plus she is still really low she hasn't moved in to my "stomach" yet at all my Ob says it's weird that she's still so low. My ob was a little shocked that I said I could feel her but said it makes sense since she's hangin out so low. I'm sure you'll feel your babies soon.
  • Options

Don't worry, you are getting closer to feeling them. Alot of the times women who say they "feel" baby, as early as 13 weeks only feel the flutter/bubble feeling. For all you know, feelings down in your stomach might be your babies.

I felt the bubble sensation with DD around 16-17 weeks. But, it wasn't until 21ish weeks I actually felt thumps. I had the exact thing happen to me with DD. I Had gone into L&D around 20 weeks due to preterm labor. They put the monitor on me and she kept thumping it and nurse looked at me at disbelief that I couldn't feel that movement. 

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was able to really feel this one when I drank a ton of ice cold water and leaned forward, essentially cutting into their space. As soon as I did that, I was getting kicks and rolls to the point that not only could I see my stomach move, but DH could feel them.

I hope you feel them soon, its such a cool feeling! 

Photobucket
    Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
    Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
    DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam
  • Options
    I didn't feel #1 until 20weeks.  Since this is #2, everyone says I'll feel it sooner......nothing yet.
  • Options
    Most first time mothers don't feel movement until 18-20 weeks. There have been a few times that I have felt something but it comes and goes so fast I really can't be sure what it is. I can't wait for the day that I feel a definite kick! During my ultrasound at 16 weeks the baby was kicking her legs a lot but the tech said she wasn't actually hitting the uterus wall yet. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options

imagecchill01:
    I didn't feel #1 until 20weeks.  Since this is #2, everyone says I'll feel it sooner......nothing yet.

Same here, but I didn't feel #1 until 23 weeks, and nothing yet here either!   

• Options

When I was pregnant with #1 I had my 20 week u/s and the tech said something similar. She just said, "you can't feel that?" (in reference to all the movement LO was doing), and I just said, "no, should i?!". It was about a week later that I felt it. 

Don't worry! You'll feel it and you'll feel it soon! And before you know it you'll be begging them to get their knees out of your ribs or their elbows off your pelvis ;) 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got impatient with DS around 18-19 weeks when I hadn't felt him. One day I put the TV remote on my belly and all of a sudden it moved. I could feel the kick every time I did it. I did it again with a book that night so DH could see. It was still several weeks before Dh could feel him moving, but I started feeling him on a regular basis after that. I have felt little movements so far with this one but not a real definite kick/big movement yet. It won't be long for most of us to be getting kicked all day long.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Same here... I went to my monthly appointment on Tuesday, and the MW heard 2 kicks with the doppler. She asked if I felt any of them, and of course I had no idea that there was any movement, let alone all out kicking. I really hope that s/he starts to soon because it would give me so much comfort between appointments... For now I have to wait for someone else to check on LO just so that I know that it's still OK in there!
  • Options

I am in the same boat! I figured with twins I would feel them by now but nothing.

I don't have a doplar so I have to wait till every appointment to see them.  At night I try and push them around to see if I feel anything but nothing.  I am hoping soon.  I am getting impatient.

I go for my A/S in a couple weeks so I am hoping by then I will feel something.

Good Luck to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was in the same boat as you! I would read every 'I felt him/her" post to just see how far along the person was, and then get mad no matter how far they were lol I just started feeling her a couple days ago, so good luck!!! I'm so glad I can now tho since my bf packed my doppler and forgot where... I was getting pretty antsy especially with the 13 and 14 weekers feeling theirs so soon!
    BabyFetus Ticker Photobucket Photobucket BabyName Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"