Northern California Babies
Options

Mom vent

Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been around much. Work has been crazy then I found out last week that they blocked the bump completely. Stupid work. Oh, and I have had family in my house for a week already. 

I love my mom but sometimes I wonder where her brain went. I was doing some work on the computer and Emme comes in and tells me, "Mommy! Look I got coffee! It's yummy." And me being me thought that she was pretending and my mom had given her oj, or at the very worst chocolate milk. So I played along. An hour later I see 2 cups on E's highchair and one has brown stuff in it. 

"Momma, did you really give Emme coffee?" "Well, of course I did. It was only a couple of tablespoons with LOTS of milk. Nothing bad" 

Due to the fact that my mom and her husband are here for another week I just gave her a very ugly look and poured out the drink. I cannot believe she thought it was OK to give Emme ANY coffee. I went and locked myself in the bathroom so I wouldn't hurt her. 

Re: Mom vent

• Options

You should have told her, "well if she gets up 10 times tonight, you know who is getting up with her right?" I hope the rest of thier trip is a good one. I know having family stay with you can be tough but hang in there.

• Options

We give baz a few drops in his milk sometimes at breakfast - decaf these days- but he likes the idea more than the drink. There are south American cultures that start out early and strong. It's insane. 

That being said - it's something she should have run by you and then respected your decision. You are the parent.

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageEmmieB:

We give baz a few drops in his milk sometimes at breakfast - decaf these days- but he likes the idea more than the drink. There are south American cultures that start out early and strong. It's insane. 

That being said - it's something she should have run by you and then respected your decision. You are the parent.

Good luck! 

This, exactly.  We do the same occasionally and its ok if WE do it (especially because I know I am putting in an insignificant amount of coffee versus the whole cup full of milk). But so not ok if someone else does it-- especially without asking first!  I would have been really upset too

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Previously posted as "denisethebride"
  • Options
    I dunno, I'm the type of person who pretty much is lax about rules (especially for kids who are as old as E and K are) if someone else is watching my children for me. If I need/want to make sure care happens a certain way, DH or I are watching the kids, instead of someone else. :/
  • Options

W.O.W

And good for you for locking yourself in your bathroom and keeping your distance.

Life is a roller coaster, enjoy it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lighthouse State Beach, Santa Cruz.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"