VBAC

VBAC with an Induction

I am getting so jealous that so many of your doctors and midwives are allowing some sort of induction, if necessary. My doctor flat-out told me no induction whatsoever if I want a VBAC. 

Is this something that I should be pushing for if I don't go on my own? 

My next appt is Wednesday, should I start askin questions about it?

As of right now my birthplan was simply to see if I go on my own by 2/1 and if I done, just give in to another section. 

Re: VBAC with an Induction

• My OB allows small doses of Pit, but that is all. Maybe you can ask for something this simple? I have been told by my OB that other types of mediction for induction increase the risk for rupture.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My OB is comfortable with small doses of pitocin if I am already in labor (augmentation). I was augmented with my first and that got me dilated to 10.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat, my OB practice with 4 docs in it all supportive of VBAC. I don't want an induction since this is what i went through with my first that ended in a csection. The OB said that "nobody" induces a VBAC anymore....obviously in some places they still do. Could you ask if they would use a foley bulb if you are favorable? Or break your water to see if you can go into labor then? My practice will let me go to 42 weeks, so I'm hoping I will go before then. Gl to you!

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• I think you shoudl talk to your dr and figure out what the reasoning is.  Many won't schedule an induction, but will give pit once you are in labor.  Don't stress about it yet, but do talk about it.
  • my ob office will let me go to 40 weeks, have a growth scan, then 41 weeks. At 41 weeks then they said if the cervix are soft can do the foley bulb but certainly no prostaglandins....and then they said that they will augment with small doses of pitocin if needed.

i guess its all the comfort level of the provider

DC:#1 10/2006 born at 40 weeks (33 weeks PTL)
    DC#2 born silent at 22 weeks 1.11.11
    Dc#3 born vbac 1/2012 <bra DC#4 born VBAC 3/2014
  • My doctor is fine with inducing for a VBAC.

At 35w you're a month away from when the c/s would even be scheduled, if that's what ends up happening.  A lot can change between now and then so IMO it's too early to "push" for any one outcome.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • My OB induced me with pit at 39 weeks due to high blood pressure, he won't induce a VBAC for unmedical reasons until after 42 weeks though.  He will attempt pit inductions before scheduling repeat c-sections though.  But he's VERY VBAC supportive.  I have heard that he's one of two in the nation that are as supportive of VBAC mama's as he is. 
    Michelle BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • My Dr wont allow induction for my VBAC either. But after reading statistics on UR when pitocen or other chemicals are used for incudtion, I have to agree with her.

No way do I want to push my body before it is ready.

Its either Natural VBAC or scheduled RCS. done, end of story for us. I am scheduled for RCS at 41 weeks.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Our hospital won't give you any pit either.  They are sort of "old school" about a lot of things though...so will be interested to hear if other women have run into this as well.  I have to be honest, they sort of scare you out of a VBAC and I see a mid-wife!  Not sure what I will do...may let the baby sort of decide.  If the baby is breech, I will likely do a repeat c/s and if not, perhaps will try for a VBAC.  But, I do want to gain a better comfort level of the hospital's success rate on VBAC.  Ugh, sorry for the rambling...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"