TTC after 35
Options

Starting bcp tomorrow

Hey everybody - I'm starting my bcp's tomorrow. I never used  them regularly because they always, repeat always made me extremely nauseous.   Any suggestions on how to beat the nausea since I'll be taking them until the last week of Jan?  

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Re: Starting bcp tomorrow

• Options
    take with food, especially dairy as helps the lining of your stomach

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• Options

They make me really nauseous too.  I took them at night to help with that.  Also, when I was sick during the day, sucking on lemmonheads seemed to help.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Take them before bed.  It will probably take a bit for them to get into your system enough to make you nauseated, so hopefully you will be asleep before then.  GL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the good advice.  My plan is to take them at night and I'll let you know how that works.  I'll definitely try drinking milk and having some lemon candy at my desk.
  • Options
    I am so curious about your siggy.  How many pop cans would you have to collect to pay for IVF?  It seems like such an interesting idea.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageCountry Girl in the City:
    I am so curious about your siggy.  How many pop cans would you have to collect to pay for IVF?  It seems like such an interesting idea.

CG - Please don't take my sig literally -I love to kid around and I'm harmlessly sarcastic.  All in all, it took DH and I 12 mos. to save up the $$ for IVF.  My sig is alluding to the looong wait between the myomectomy, lap and hysteroscopy and the beginning of IVF.    When you're OOP and trying to save up the $$, you begin to explore all kinds of ways to pay for IVF, including collecting pop cansCool

• Options
    imageGloriasgirl:

imageCountry Girl in the City:

CG - Please don't take my sig literally -I love to kid around and I'm harmlessly sarcastic.  All in all, it took DH and I 12 mos. to save up the $$ for IVF.  My sig is alluding to the looong wait between the myomectomy, lap and hysteroscopy and the beginning of IVF.    When you're OOP and trying to save up the $$, you begin to explore all kinds of ways to pay for IVF, including collecting pop cansCool

Oh, got it.  I often don't get sarcasm.  My friends and DH find me exhausting because they have to explain jokes to me very slowly.

• Options

Thanks for the tips - I ate crackers, drank milk, vernors and coke, and took the pills at night to avoid the nausea.  So far, the nausea has been minor and I'm hoping that it stays that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"