March 2012 Moms

High blood pressure

Those of you who know you have high blood pressure....at what "number" do I need to be concerned?  I had really bad leg pain last night and leg cramps all night.  This morning I had a headache and just felt "funny".   I mentioned it to my MIL who is a nurse and she took my blood pressure.   It was 165/92.   She told me to go home lay down and rest all afternoon and take it again in 3 orr 4 hours.   After a nap and laying around it was 138/82 .    I'm happy it went down some, and my headache is gone.   I have a dr. appointment Tuesday, so I figured I'd check it a few times a day until then and hope it is a "fluke" day.....at what point should I be concerned and call the on call dr. before Tuesday? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: High blood pressure

•  I would call no matter what if I was concerned and not feeling "right." I have a tendency to worry, gives me comfort to speak to the dr.  

I had an appt on wed and my b/p was 140/90.   They finished up what they had to do with measuring and checking my cervix and said they needed to take it again and I couldn't leave if it was still that high.  After I sat for 15 min, they took it again at 115/78.  She said to monitor it at home.   They don't like it above 140/90 its a sign of pre e.   They checked me for protein in my urine and didn't find any.

Now my husband checks it twice daily he is a firefighter/paramedic.   She also told me that my uterus is so far pushed up,  making it hard for me to breathe in general.  Could be the cause of the elevated b/p.   Anything I do I end up breathing like Dark Vador.  Just keep an eye on it till tues.

• i would be writing down the numbers that you are getting.  keep a log so that you can show it to your dr on tuesday.  if you get another reading that is above 150/90 i would call. 

i have been having high blood pressure and protein in my urine and swelling since early on in my pg.  i monitor mine all the time and i'm on meds for it.  in the beginning my dr was trying to regulate my bp and he was switching my meds frequently.  one day i didn't feel "right" and i had it checked and it was 240/110! 

• Loading the player...
  • On Xmas I didn't feel right and my blood pressure was around 140/90.  I had been averaging 120/70 I think.  I gave it another couple of days and my bottom number went down, but not the top.  I called just to be sure and they ended up wanting to see me right away.  She had me monitor it all week and said that 140/90 was the highest they want to see it for pg women.  She said to call immediately if you ever have anything over 160/100.  I would def watch it closely and mention it to you dr.  Mine was back down to normal by yesterday.  They were telling me its not really diet related, but I believe my spike was from all of the holiday bad eating.  Good luck. 

• I have been monitoring at home and my doctor said to call if it gets in the high 140s over 90s, or if I have a headache that won't go away with tylenol, see spots, etc. Sounds like you are doing right to check it at home. Mine is always significantly higher at the doctor than it is at home.
    DS 04.25.08 DS 03.14.12 missed m/c 9w1d :: 6.18.10 :: d&c | missed m/c 9w3d :: 11.2.10 :: d&c
  • I'm glad you mentioned this, because I am in the same boat.  I really wish I could remember what my average has been at my dr appointments.  It started Xmas eve when I noticed how swollen my feet were (if you press on them, you leave an indentation).  My MIL has a heart rate monitor for her diabetes, so I've been checking it several times a day.  It has been high 130s/80s, usually, with spikes through 140s, and as high as 156/93.  I've been keeping track of my heart rate, trying to drink a lot of water, and resting when I can.  My dr apt is Wednesday, so I'll bring my log with me and find out what they consider too high.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"