3rd Trimester
Options

BH or Contractions??

Over the last week I have been woken up from a dead sleep feeling like I'm in a vise grip. On a couple occasions I have tightening down below, but most of the time it's just a belt of tightening from my back to front of my belly. Are these just strong BH's or something more? Ugh I didn't have issues like this with previous pregnancies...what is going on... :(
Matthew & Lillian 1/23/2012 It's TWINS!!!!! 1rst IVF May 2011 ER 5/30/11 ET 6/2/11 2 transfered #1 6/10/11 211 #2 6/13/11 880!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: BH or Contractions??

• Options
    I wish I could tell you. I have been having menstrual cramping feelings constantly since 7pm yesterday but only a couple "tightening" contractions admits the pain. I'm a FTM so I have no idea if it's real or fake. My mantra; if my water breaks, thy're real ;) 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    If it is only occasionally and mostly just in your belly I would say BH. I wouldn't worry unless then become painful or you have several in an hour.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sounds like the BH i've been having at night too. actually i have them all day and night and its really annoying. if theyre not painful like crampy then its just BH. Yes the tightening is uncomfortable, but if its not worse than period cramp type feeling its false labor.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

BH shouldn't hurt....just uncomfortable. Once they become painful I'd vote for the real thing.

The past couple nights I've gotten up to pee and when I get back in back (more like heave back into bad) I've had one really wicked contraction that's almost paralyzing. Wierd!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    maybe one of your tickers can tell you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My OB told me BH CAN actually be painful which I always thought was not the case. Can't say I've ever heard too many women complain of painful BH though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have had the same thing and Im a FTM as well. I talked to my Dr and she said it was BH. If it were actual contractions they would increase in pain and increase in time. If I ever have any BH that are painful, I drink a glass of water and roll on my left side and have my hubby massage my lower back--> it has worked everytime. The BH go down in intensity and I am relaxed enough to sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"