Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How much does LO sleep during the day?

LO is 11 weeks old. He slept last night for a 6 hour stretch, which is the best he's ever done! I don't want to get my hopes up, but normally his sleep is 2-3 hour stretches which is hard, as i continue to exist being exhausted.

He's a not a good sleeper during the day either. Maybe 45 minute catnaps, then awake from 45 minutes to 2 hours....my day seems like a constant battle of him being fussy and over tired and  me trying to get him to go to sleep.

Yesterday we played with the glow worm, had some tummy time, watched baby einstein and then he passed out sitting on my knee....so maybe that's what i need to keep doing--trying to stimulate his motor skills and mind so he gets tired...anyone else? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How much does LO sleep during the day?

• DS sleeps a good bit throughout the day.  He'll be awake anywhere from 45 min to an hour and a half before he sleeps again.  He typically sleeps 4 hours stretches at night.  (He's almost 9 weeks.)
  • DD sleeps in about hour to two hour naps during the day. She STTN from 11pm to 8 or 9am.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD is a bit younger (almost 6 weeks) but she usually sleeps 6-8 hours day and night unless she gets the hiccups or something that wake her up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD is 8 weeks old. She sleeps from 7ish PM-3:30AM, eats, then sleeps another 2.5 hours. I usually get two 30 min naps in the morning, and one longer nap (an hour or two) in the afternoon.
    "Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark." -George Iles
  • imageMrsChibs:
    DS sleeps a good bit throughout the day.  He'll be awake anywhere from 45 min to an hour and a half before he sleeps again.  He typically sleeps 4 hours stretches at night.  (He's almost 9 weeks.)

This - my DS is 9 weeks and he sleeps a good amount still, I only have him away from 45 minutes to 90 minutes max during the day, then back to sleep.  I watch carefully for his tired cues and adjust accordingly.  This works much better for him.  About 3 weeks ago I was keeping him up longer, and he wasn't sleeping well at all during the day and I was having days like you describe.  Since putting him to sleep sooner, it's gotten so much better and he falls asleep on his own - I never have to rock or hold him.  He sleeps 4 hour stretches at night, sometimes 5.

DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"