Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Regretting what I wanted?

My LO has need to be swaddled (since she fails) and rocked to sleep since birth...and when I would set her down she would wake and I was getting so stressed about not being able to put her down to do anything. 

Well just 2 nights ago we did our usual bedtime routine and I swaddled and rocked her...she kept wiggling and fussing (not untypical), but it was longer than usual. So I said "ok you want out of this swaddle huh? Let's see". I unswaddled her and she feel asleep in my arms in 3 minutes. I set her down for the night. I watched her on our monitor and she failed every now and again, but fell back to sleep w/o needed me to help her. Then the next day I tried to put her down for naps unswaddled and she didn't need me to put her to sleep...I helped her get on her side and she was comfortable and was falling asleep. I was so amazed. This is what I have been wanting!! 

She continues to sleep on her side, unswaddled now. She does wake when her paci falls out or she fails and wakes herself, but I just go in there and replace her paci and adjust her and she falls back to sleep...I dont even have to pick her back up. I love it, but I am also sad that she is becoming independent and doesn't need her mommy to fall asleep anymore, lol. Its definitely a bittersweet feeling!! 

Any other mommies feel this way already? 

photo b5880bbf-17e0-491c-8d1e-181ee8707670_zps6b0bf0b5.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
My BFP Chart
Aug 19, 2010 ParaGuard IUD Removed
Sept 7, 2010 Dx w/Hypothyroidism (TSH 6.7) Began taking Levothyroxine
Feb 15, 2010 BFP with #1
Nov 1, 2011 DD1 Born

Re: Regretting what I wanted?

• Yes! I used to have to rock her to sleep. Now she's totally fine with being in her crib awake and falls asleep on her own. Last night I went in there and got her out right before she fell asleep just so I could rock her. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a new mommy to be and I know this isn't your reason for posting but.. what is 'failing'?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageFlickaSings:
    I'm a new mommy to be and I know this isn't your reason for posting but.. what is 'failing'?

I think she meant "flails" like flails her arms? 

• imageMike&Care:

imageFlickaSings:
    I'm a new mommy to be and I know this isn't your reason for posting but.. what is 'failing'?

I think she meant "flails" like flails her arms? 

Yes that is my typo error...that is exactly what I meant. Thanks! 

photo b5880bbf-17e0-491c-8d1e-181ee8707670_zps6b0bf0b5.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Aug 19, 2010 ParaGuard IUD Removed
    Sept 7, 2010 Dx w/Hypothyroidism (TSH 6.7) Began taking Levothyroxine
    Feb 15, 2010 BFP with #1
    Nov 1, 2011 DD1 Born
  • Live it up because it could change at any moment!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lol i feel the opposite way. our little one was in the NICU the first 2 weeks of her life so i think thats why she is okay with falling asleep alone.. but after dark i can put her in her pack n play in our room, turn off the light and on her sound/nightlight machine and she is completely fine on her own, from day one of being home she's been like this. I have not once had to " rock" or do anything to put her to sleep lol.  it's nice but i feel like i'm missing something! although i know it will come one day!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hahaha...I am the opposite too...DS wasn't napping for more than 30 minutes because of his love affair with his hands....so I decided to start swaddling him to nap....and now he naps for 2+ hours.....The only constant is change....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejnealet:
    Live it up because it could change at any moment!!!
     Exactly
    Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • I am totally lurking... I have no input, but to OP, I thought I would tell you that your newborn picture of your family is absolutely beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"