Cloth Diapering

pockets- how often do you change?

We just started switching over from prefolds and covers to pockets.  Our DS is a very heavy wetter and it was easy to tell when he needed a change with prefolds because he would soak them.  He spent most of yesterday in his BG's and I could not really tell when he had peed in them....  Do they need to be changed as often as prefolds, or does the microfiber insert keep them pretty dry so they can go longer between changes?  Does he need a new diaper with every change or can I just change out the insert?   what do you ladies do?  TIA for your help!
BabyName Ticker

Re: pockets- how often do you change?

• I just started cloth diapering but I use pockets. I change DD every 2-3 hours, entire diaper. She isn't a huge wetter but like you I can't tell my feel when she needs a change and she won't tell me. So I just instituted a schedule LOL 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • I change pockets about every 2 hours and change out the entire diaper.  Since the inner layer of the diaper has pee on it, it wouldn't be sanitary to not change it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out this Bumpie Business List .

• Loading the player...
  • With pockets, you have to change the whole diaper each time.  Every 1 1/2 to 3 hours is a good rule of thumb depending on your LO.  If you like the idea of just changing the inserts, you may want to consider an AI2 system.

If you squeeze the diaper, you will start to be able to feel the difference when the are wet.  The inserts get a little harder/stiffer when they are wet.  This will become more obvious depending on how wet the diaper is.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • We change the pockets every 2-3 hours.
  • Every 2-3 hours here, too.

Definitely longer than we went with prefolds. We've had no rashes or anything.

• I used to use pockets but my rule of thumb is still the same: I change whenever they're wet or soiled. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"