Upstate NY Babies
Options

One chapter closes..

Well, we said goodbye to Evan's teachers this week...his last OT session was this morning. They all love him so much - it was VERY hard to say goodbye. Even harder is that he doesn't know they are NEVER coming back...but was probably wondering what all the sappy hugs were for :)

We have a really relaxing weekend ahead (hopefully) and then he starts school on Tuesday. I am so anxious I can hardly breathe. His teachers have told me they think he is going to thrive so much...but I still am sooooo worried for him.

I am starting to gather ideas for what to do with Leah, specifically out in Amherst since we have to pick Evan up each day..so any ideas are welcome!!! I am excited to take her to music class and story time and things she hasn't really been able to do :) But of course, I feel a great amount of guilt because Evan will be in school and missing it.

And Leah is going to miss Evan soooo much - she yells for him at the bottom of the stairs if he sleeps longer than she does. She calls him "Sissy" b/c that's what he calls her. She copies all of his words...mispronouncing them the same exact way..it really is so cute. But he will probably be glad to have a little time away from her :)

Sigh.

Re: One chapter closes..

• Options
    ((Hugs)) sounds bittersweet... Sending positive thoughts that this will be a wonderful new chapter for all of you.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

That is sad about his teachers. :( I bet he will do awesome in school though and it will help him a ton.

Where in amherst is his school? You already mentioned storytime and music class.. I know the baby/toddler story time at the NFB Barnes and Noble is supposed to be really good. i think its friday mornings?   My sister used to take her kids to the "Family Room" at the Pepsi (Northtown) Center by UB.. https://www.amherst.ny.us/govt/youth/youth_detail.asp?dept_id=dept_22&div_id=div_45&menu_id=menu_00 .. and probably just visiting a new library would be a fun change of scenery for her. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awww...a bittersweet time for sure!
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ya know, I thought it was be an issue for Ty not having his therapists come to our home anymore.  But he seemed to understand that they weren't going to be coming because he was going to school, which he was excited about.
  • Options

will he get services at school or is he done?

I am hoping to keep his speech therapist forever

• Options

Yes - he'll get services at school. But the therapists work directly for the school so he isn't bringing his current therapists...and even if he could they probably wouldn't have time to drive there for him since they work primarily in Niagara County. I really loved Evan's speech therapist too - she was amazing. When I was having my Christmas meltdown she stopped by and brought me some tea :) She said she wanted to bring me alcohol but thought that may not be "proper" haha!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"