March 2012 Moms
Options

Teen Mom

I discovered this was on Hulu and went on a viewing binge...I had only seen an episode or two in the past, so I had never gotten into it. 

Holy crow.  

Catelynn and Tyler are kind of awesome, and I can't figure out how they manage to stay that way with the home lives they've had. It's impressive. I feel bad for Amber, but still want to smack her sometimes. Maci's little guy, Bentley, is pretty much the cutest thing on two feet. And Farrah is spoiled and bratty but seems like a decent mom. 

Does anyone else watch? I'm so late in the game, haha. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Teen Mom

• Options
    I am obsessed. I realize how trashy it is but I can't look away. I had almost broken the habit until I forgot to cancel the new season ton teen mom 2. I tell my husband that I watch for parenting tips. I clearly need to move back home and yell at my mom more...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagebeckybeth123:
    I am obsessed. I realize how trashy it is but I can't look away. I had almost broken the habit until I forgot to cancel the new season ton teen mom 2. I tell my husband that I watch for parenting tips. I clearly need to move back home and yell at my mom more...

Haha. Yeah, I have a weakness for these types of shows. I'm also a big fan of "America's Next Top Model".  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have watched every episode of all those shows. They have been on Tuesday nights and my husband has bowled every Tuesday night for like 6 years.

Anyways... I think they are a bit redic. I had my son when I was 16 and although a lot of the things they face (baby daddy drama... Issues with parents... Financial issues) are very real. I can't help but feel bad I "support" all the stupid stuff by watching the show. I hate the fact the moms are getting attention for doing drugs, being abusive, going out and partying and being irresponsible about their relationships. I have been there and done it. It isn't impossible to graduate high school and college, be with someone who isn't a clueless a-hole (my husband is not my sons bio-father) and have your child's best interest at heart. 

Working, Breastfeeding, Unmedicated Birthing Mother of Two.
  • Options

I'm a teen mom junkie... 

Farrah drives me up the wall. Bad. She is a spoiled brat. While I do note that she's had it pretty rough with Sophia's father passing, she has this "I'm hot and entitled" attitude that really makes me mad. I love Maci.

The season two girls sick. As is usually the case with sequels.  

• Options
    its like a train werck...I can't look away! I realize how trashy and disrespectful most of those girls are but I still love it. I also love teen mom 2. Jenelle is the worst person in the world and I hate her, but I can not stop watching.
  • Options
    I watch this show all the time!  Mainly because my mother was a teen mom at age 16 as well and it is nice to see what all the she went through.  Gives me so much appreciation for her.  She watches it too and it kind of makes her mad because these girls are getting paid $250,000+ to do the show.  They aren't struggling financially like most teen moms do.  They are getting plastic surgeries and high dollar things that 99% of teen moms can't afford.  It's not giving off the right message in the financial aspect of being a teen mom.  It would be nice if they could show the true financial struggle of a teen mom.  Also, many of them, with the exception of caitlynn, amber and janelle come from a lot of money.  Many of them are spoiled by their parents.  I think the best message of the entire show is that the relationships don't last.  At 16 you think that your first love lasts forever and you will have a perfect family.  This may happen sometimes, but it's rare.
    +hpt on December 27th, 2010--miscarriage and D&C at 12 weeks--angel taken too soon but never forgotten Clomid started June 2011-- +hpt July 2, 2011--grow baby grow :) Chance Bryant born @ 31 weeks due to abruption Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I watch too...I like Maci a lot!  And I want to steal Bentley!!  But Amber is just plain retarded, and the Teen Mom 2 girls seem a little more clueless. Janelle should not be allowed to have her son, I'm glad her mom takes care of him...its ridiculous.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"