November 2011 Moms
Options

new years resolutions

ok ladies, let's hear 'em!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: new years resolutions

• Options
    mine is to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. i can only handle one at a time so that's all i have right now!
  • Options
    Ditto on the pre-pg weight! My resolution is to break a sweat every day and to eat cleanly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is to lose weight for sure. I am scared to step on the scale tomorrow. I been so bad this holiday. I bought lots if healthy foods and plan to start Monday.
    ~I Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Posting from an Android sorry for any errors
  • Options

Obviously weight loss...53 lbs to be exact.

I have been a notoriously bad house keeper for the last 5 years.  In September I decided to quit being so lazy and create cleaning habits.  I spent 9 hours cleaning my kitchen and I have kept it spotless since Labor Day.  Since then I have cleaned out all but one closet and been to Goodwill with stuff 8 times.  My goal is to keep my clutter down and my house in order from here out.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I resolve to be a better wife, to learn how to be a good mother, to lose at least 15 pounds, to yell less, to love more, and to learn how to better control my temper! :)
  • Options
    I would like to get in shape, to eat better, and to dress in cuter clothes. I know the last one is odd, but I always see people wear cute outfits and never try them myself. I just wear jeans and a plain top. It's boring and I want FI to enjoy looking at me lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagembgreenwalt:

Obviously weight loss...53 lbs to be exact.

I have been a notoriously bad house keeper for the last 5 years.  In September I decided to quit being so lazy and create cleaning habits.  I spent 9 hours cleaning my kitchen and I have kept it spotless since Labor Day.  Since then I have cleaned out all but one closet and been to Goodwill with stuff 8 times.  My goal is to keep my clutter down and my house in order from here out.

Being a bad housekeeper myself I am super impressed by this

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    First is to lose 15 pounds to get back to my pre preg weight by April. Second is to continue staying quit smoking ( that wording sounds strange). I quit the day I got my BFP and haven't had one since but I know the pressure of slowly getting my social life back as DS gets older will be challenging. I never want to spend another dime on that terrible habit and I certainly don't want to smell of it near my child. Breastfeeding will help me out big time as time goes on. 

• Options
    I never make them because I never keep them but I really want to "de-clutter" this year.  DH and I just have a lot of "stuff" and need to clean out.  We love our house and we've been here 2 years...we are packed full now, especially with LO's gear and toys and I know it's going to get worse, so my goal is to clean out and donate/pitch/organize stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I always make really specific ones so that I can track them obsessively. ;)

Mine are:

- read at least 50 books

- submit my novel to at least 25 literary agents

- run at least 2 races

- meet my short-term goal of 6 months breastfeeding and reassess / come up with a new goal from there

• Options
    Lose all my pregnancy weight and then some. Run a 5K and then train for a 10k. This one is weird but I want to make myself put on a little make up before I leave the house . I really don't have to look like crap all the time. Mama wants to get her groove back!
  • Options
    imageHarperK:

I always make really specific ones so that I can track them obsessively. ;)

I usually do the opposite. I usually adopt a new mantra for the year, that I can apply to all different parts of my life. I few years ago it was "Upgrade" - that year I got a new car, new job and new iMac. Last year was "Relax" - and I stopped worrying so much about the little things and starting going with the flow more. Usually they just come to me, but nothing has so far this year. I'm wondering if it's because I'm particularly happy with how my life is right now. I'm thinking maybe this year's mantra will be "Be Grateful"

imageimage image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

lose 30 lbs

keep spending under control

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Buy a house. More a goal than a resolution, but I've been busting my butt to get rid of all my student debt from college. (Hey, at 25 I have less than $5K to go!)

The housing market in our city didn't crash nearly as bad as many parts of the country, but what crash there was means we can get a very nice house in a great neighborhood for what we've learned is actually really damn cheap compared to other parts of the country. With what we figured out we can afford, we can get exactly what we want.

So, along with the goal of buying the house comes the resolution of responsible finances. Save more, be smart about what we do spend, etc. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"