Stay at Home Moms
Options

car seat confusion

My dd is 4 and only weighs 34 pounds. We have 2 cars and i am trying to spend the least amount of money as possible while still keeping my girls safe. Right now in my car I have 2 Britax Roundabouts and they both fit fine. In my DH's car we only have one car seat....a Britax Roundabout forward facing. It is for my older one. I am planning to turn it around for my youngest which means I have to find something for my older one for his car. I  don't feel comfortable at all with anything less than a harness. I like the car seats that have the booster and the harness and eventually you can take the top part off for it to be a booster.

What does everyone else has. Which brands do you think are the best bang for your buck and will keep my kids the safest?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: car seat confusion

• Options

How tall is your child?  My DD weighs 33 pounds and is 5.5 years.  There are few 5 points that she can sit in because of the harness height limits, but she obviously still needs one.  We have the Sunshine Radians and a tru-fit.  I got the Tru-fit for $75 on clearance. I see it for $125 here.  It is a big seat, but DD can be safely harnessed in it for another 1.5 -2 years, so until she is 7 (and hopefully hits 40 pounds!)

https://www.albeebaby.com/the-first-years-true-fit-convertible-car-seat-in-aurora.html

• Options
    We have a Graco Nautalis and ds will still fit in it for a long time.  He's right around 30lbs now and still has 2 or 3 more slots for the shoulder harness to move up, can't quite remember exactly how many.  They're right around $150 and I love ours.  It's so easy to get him buckled in and out.  After he outgrows the harness it can be a high back booster then a backless one.  We'll probably get one for dd in a couple years when she no longer is rf-ing since we like his so much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJOEBunny:

How tall is your child?  My DD weighs 33 pounds and is 5.5 years.  There are few 5 points that she can sit in because of the harness height limits, but she obviously still needs one.  We have the Sunshine Radians and a tru-fit.  I got the Tru-fit for $75 on clearance. I see it for $125 here.  It is a big seat, but DD can be safely harnessed in it for another 1.5 -2 years, so until she is 7 (and hopefully hits 40 pounds!)

https://www.albeebaby.com/the-first-years-true-fit-convertible-car-seat-in-aurora.html

My dd is about 40 1/2 inches. I will check out the Sunshine Radian. Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Evenflo Triumph. It's a great seat.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"