April 2011 Moms
Options

Big fall

Sorry to be a PW tonight, but I just had to get this out!  Yesterday we were all at my parent's house, and my brother took the baby right away and they went upstairs.  Then my mom needed my help upstairs, and Ashlen was sitting in the same room as her on the couch, with my brother.

So I am peering over my mom's shoulder helping her on the computer, and then my brother wanted to see what we were doing, and then we heard a loud THUD!  Ashlen fell off the couch!!!!  My stupid brother just left her there sitting by herself...geez!  I was so annoyed by him (she was fine, though).  But I felt bad anyway!

OK, that is all.

Stephanie Hsu

Re: Big fall

• Options
    So scary. The worst part for me is the look Genevieve gives me like, "mom, how could you let me get hurt?". Glad she's okay.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options

That is scary.  Though my pediatrician told me early on (when Chase was only a month old) that babies fall off the couch all-the-time, and that he's never seen one get hurt.  Our pediatrician was my pediatrician when I was a baby, and DH's pediatrician as well, so he's been practicing for at least 35 years.  I figure, if he's never seen a baby get injured by falling off a couch, its probably OK. 

Tables and changing tables, however, we should be concerned about.  I'm glad your LO is OK.

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO fell off a couch on 4th of July.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options
    imageTwirple:

That is scary.  Though my pediatrician told me early on (when Chase was only a month old) that babies fall off the couch all-the-time, and that he's never seen one get hurt.  Our pediatrician was my pediatrician when I was a baby, and DH's pediatrician as well, so he's been practicing for at least 35 years.  I figure, if he's never seen a baby get injured by falling off a couch, its probably OK. 

Tables and changing tables, however, we should be concerned about.  I'm glad your LO is OK.

I would agree it's true that the majority of the time babies are fine after falling off of a couch, especially if the floor is carpeted. However, I have only been a nurse (in a pediatric ICU) for 3 1/2 years and have seen babies injured from that fall. One pretty seriously--it was a tile floor.So I understand where he was coming from trying to calm your fears, but unfortunately  it's not always that innocent. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    diagnosed with heterozygous Factor V Leiden 2008; m/c 11/09 @ 5 1/2 wks; m/c 5/10 @ 4 1/2 wks; RLP testing done, diagnosed with antiphospholipid syn. and low progesterone; 7/10 started on Heparin injections & progesterone supps @ 3 dpo, BFP 8/9/10!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"