Babies: 3 - 6 Months

XP: ? for those of you who have been sick

Im breastfeeding and i got a cold Sad i was wondering what can i take that wont affect LO or my breastmilk? We sent an email to the doc but hasn't responded and my DH is gonna go buy me some medicine so i wanted to ask you ladies. thanks. This is such a bummer im gonna be sick on the first day of 2012

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: XP: ? for those of you who have been sick

• I feel ya. I am sick also. As far as I know sudafed is about all we can take.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You can take mucinex (regular NOT D) and use saline spray.  Yup, BFing make being sick SUPER FUN!  
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagekatie4253:
    You can take mucinex (regular NOT D) and use saline spray.  Yup, BFing make being sick SUPER FUN!  

This. Drink lots of fluids too. I wouldn't take sufafed though, it can reduce your supply.  

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagekatie4253:
    You can take mucinex (regular NOT D) and use saline spray.  Yup, BFing make being sick SUPER FUN!  
    This. But I still get nervous taking the mucinex..been using it sparingly. If you have a neti pot, that works wonders! Feel better soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • https://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/cold-remedy.html

I used some Dristan, as that was my main problem (too stuffed up to sleep). I did the neti pot too, but that just doesn't actually help me sleep.

• I had a cold too and the lactation consultant at my doctor's office said to drink lots of lemon tea with honey. I was skeptical but it worked really well!!
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• imageerika1677:
    I feel ya. I am sick also. As far as I know sudafed is about all we can take.

I am pretty sure you can NOT take Sudafed, when I looked it up it was an L4. When I was sick the doctor suggested Robitussin DM or Mucinex, but sometimes either one of those can affect supply, so I just stuck with my antibiotics and cough drops.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"