3rd Trimester

Is there a significant difference??

Is there a significant difference between true contractions and "I ate some really bad Mexican food" cramps? The bad food cramps I'm talking about feel exactly like menstrual cramps. I'm worried I will think contractions is a reaction to bad food since I have a terribly sensitive stomach. For example, I haven't eaten anything weird tonight and I am having horrible painful cramping in my lower abdomen but I don't want to call them contractions and freak out if they aren't.

Re: Is there a significant difference??

• No clue, but have you tried taking something like Tums or something stronger?  If that helps sooth your issue then I'm guessing it was probably the Mexican food.  Good luck!
  • can you walk and talk through the cramping?

I have IBS and I have also had 2 babies....you will know the difference when it is a true contraction.  When they get in a good pattern they will almost double you over for 30 seconds.

• Loading the player...
  • contractions get into a pattern, that no amount of lying down or resting will change.

Until they get into a recognisable pattern, you don't really need to worry if they're the "real thing" or not because it's just your body warming up and getting organised.

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• It could be contractions.  For me with LO#1, they started kind of like bad menstrual cramps.  I definately knew what was going on though, because they would come in a pattern. 
  • ::lurking::

When you are having them, put your hands on your bump.. if you can physically feel it harden, that is a contraction.. This is what I had to do with my previous pregnancies because my contractions were never painful..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • there is a big difference!  bad mexican food ends with diarrhea, vomiting, sweating, and cuss words.  contractions end with diarrhea, vomiting, sweating, cuss words and a baby in your arms.  let us know how it ends for you. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTexas77again:

there is a big difference!  bad mexican food ends with diarrhea, vomiting, sweating, and cuss words.  contractions end with diarrhea, vomiting, sweating, cuss words and a baby in your arms.  let us know how it ends for you. 

Hahaha!! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My labor with my first son started like I ate some bad Mexican food. At first, I thought it was just something I ate, but with the "mexican cramps" showing up every 4-5 minutes, I finally figured out what was up. Let's just say that my body went into a pre-cleansing mode. lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCrossingfingers:

::lurking::

When you are having them, put your hands on your bump.. if you can physically feel it harden, that is a contraction.. This is what I had to do with my previous pregnancies because my contractions were never painful..

Um can I have this problem when my time comes?!?! That'd be awesome!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"