May 2012 Moms

Cribs- Not made in China?

We are trying really hard to find a crib that was not made in China.  So far the only brands that we have come across are Mother Hubbard (sold at Buy Buy Baby) and Pottery Barn.  Does anyone have experience with cribs from either of these two companies?
3/09 off BCP TTC 6/09 DX PCOS 9/09, endometriosis, bicornuate uterus DH- All #'s are above normal! 1500 mg Metformin 6 rounds of Clomid + HCG trigger- All BFN 8/10 IUI #1 Gonal F + Ovidrel BFN 9/10 On a much needed break 10/10 Laparoscopy 11/10- 6/11 IUI #2-4 Gonal F, Ovidrel, and progesterone, produced 4-8 follies each cycle, all BFN 8/11 IVF #1 R-20, M-17, F W/ICSI 2 :( 3dt of a 4 cell and 7 cell BFP!!!! BETA #1 115, #2 488, #3 2900 -SAIFAW- PAIFAW- Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cribs- Not made in China?

• imageMommyof2dogs1:
    We are trying really hard to find a crib that was not made in China. 
    Why, if I may ask?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm just really concerned about safety.  I don't trust Chinese manufacturers to actually follow the guidelines that were set for them.  Also, I'd rather support companies who don't outsource their products to China. 
    3/09 off BCP TTC 6/09 DX PCOS 9/09, endometriosis, bicornuate uterus DH- All #'s are above normal! 1500 mg Metformin 6 rounds of Clomid + HCG trigger- All BFN 8/10 IUI #1 Gonal F + Ovidrel BFN 9/10 On a much needed break 10/10 Laparoscopy 11/10- 6/11 IUI #2-4 Gonal F, Ovidrel, and progesterone, produced 4-8 follies each cycle, all BFN 8/11 IVF #1 R-20, M-17, F W/ICSI 2 :( 3dt of a 4 cell and 7 cell BFP!!!! BETA #1 115, #2 488, #3 2900 -SAIFAW- PAIFAW- Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMommyof2dogs1:
    I'm just really concerned about safety.  I don't trust Chinese manufacturers to actually follow the guidelines that were set for them.  Also, I'd rather support companies who don't outsource their products to China. 
    Hmm Just China specifically, or all outsourcing?

image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you pick up the book Baby Bargains it has all the brands for cribs (and everything else baby) listed and tells you where most are made.  This may help.  There are a lot of Canadian companies in the book.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMommyof2dogs1:
    We are trying really hard to find a crib that was not made in China.  So far the only brands that we have come across are Mother Hubbard (sold at Buy Buy Baby) and Pottery Barn.  Does anyone have experience with cribs from either of these two companies?

No, but we got our crib & matching furniture through USA baby and it is not made in China. The product line is Baby's Dream. https://www.babysdream.com/ProductBrochures/Legendary%20Brochure%20final.pdf

--Danielle :-)
  • I thought Pottery Barn was made in China. 

The only American-made cribs I've found are made by El Greco.  These cribs are sold at Land of Nod and Room and Board and get top ratings from Baby Bargains.

• Thank you all for you suggestions.  I will definitely look into them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"