August 2012 Moms

m/s -- how do you define it?

I walk around most of the day feeling like I could throw up, but only had one real night where I actually did (and did, and did...) so far. 

Are you ladies defining m/s as actually getting sick, or just the feeling (either constant or coming/going) that you might? 

TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

Re: m/s -- how do you define it?

• I say either or. Sometimes feeling like you're going to be sick is just as bad as getting sick because its like come on already, get it over with!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have explained it to DH as being seasick.  ALL day. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't thrown up once but I'm not a pukey person. I get diarrhea instead. I get so sick feeling somedays that I just wish I could throw up to make it all feel better. I would definitely define what I have as morning sickness. 
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I really only call it m/s if you're throwing up. My last pregnancy I was nauseous all the time but never actually got sick. This time I'm throwing up at least once a day. I say that last time I had nausea, but this time I have m/s. (and I'm not a person who throws up easily)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageDemoDoll:
    I haven't thrown up once but I'm not a pukey person. I get diarrhea instead. I get so sick feeling somedays that I just wish I could throw up to make it all feel better. I would definitely define what I have as morning sickness. 
      This!  I was wondering if anyone else had this problem!  Everyone keeps talking about being constipated, but I am the opposite.  I have always had a sensitive stomach - I suspect that I have/had IBS, but never had it diagnosed.  So I think pregnancy is just aggrivating it more!

Started TTC #1: July 2010 DX: PCOS
    BFP: 12/5/10 Natural M/C: 12/17/10 (5w6d)
    Cycle 10 - 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    Cycle 11 - 50mg Clomid + IUI converted to TI = BFN
    Cycle 12 - 50mg Clomid + IUI #1 = BFN
    Cycle 13 - Clomid Break + Charting + Dr. Recommendations = BFN
    Cycle 14 - Clomid Break + Charting + meeting with URO (all clear!) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 105 Beta #2 - 336! 1st U/S (@5w4d)- gest. sac and yolk sac, measuring 5w2d 2nd U/S - 1/16 (will be 8w2d) Stick and grow, little bean! My Ovulation Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker

* Congrats to my girl SarahRuthG on her new baby boy!*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMichelleWest85:
    I have explained it to DH as being seasick.  ALL day. 

PERFECT description!

• My last pregnancy I threw up just about every single day 6 weeks to 16, and I only considered it m/s if there was actually vomiting.

This time I have only thrown up once, but I have felt like crap on and off. I don't really feel like it's true morning sickness with out the vomiting (or at least dry heaving). It's more of an aversion to this and that.

• imagealileecam:

I walk around most of the day feeling like I could throw up, but only had one real night where I actually did (and did, and did...) so far. 

Are you ladies defining m/s as actually getting sick, or just the feeling (either constant or coming/going) that you might? 

Hah, you forgot the wonderful act of dry heaving.  ICK.

I've been nauseous for days straight and have had moments (sometimes extended "moments") of dry heaving.  I haven't actually vomited but I'd definitely call this morning sickness. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I consider nausea, dry heaving, and vomiting all morning sickness..

My last pregnancy I (mostly) just had nausea, and right now I'm getting sick roughly 4-5 times per day.. I would say that my morning sickness is worse this time, but I wouldn't discount nausea and dry heaving as being morning sickness either..

Just my $0.02

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think it is all of it. I get sick around 6-8 times a day and can't keep anything down besides pickles and popsicles lol. But It all just as bad to me. Sometimes i think the nausea is worse then actuall vomiting because after i throw up I at least feel better for a little bit!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I define it to DH as feeling hungover. 

I feel worst in the afternoon and evening.  I do better if I eat a little bit, all day long.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

PAL/PGAL WelcomeBabyFetus Ticker

• Ha - that makes me feel better! I thought I was the only one who was having the "opposite of constipated" issue Smile  In fact, this issue was the first sign that I was pregnant.  I haven't experienced much m/s yet; a little nausea but nothing to get too excited about.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have nausea all.day.long!!! I consider it m/s. Sometimes I wish I would just puke and get it over with so I'd feel better. With my DS I was sick up until 17 weeks, only occasionally dry heaving. It was awful and still is!! I can't wait for it to be over!!!
    ~Jess & Mike May 12, 2007
    12.6.07 CP at 5w
    5.21.08 BO discovered at 7w, D&E at 8w3d
    8.31.08 CP at 4w5d
    BFP Sept 25, 2008 bfp buddy lkstor Landon born June 6, 2009
    3.25.11 missed m/c discovered at 9w6d, D&E at 10w2d
    4.28.11 MTHFR a1298c homozygous discovered
    4.2011 Began NaProTechnology
    10.12.11 Diagnosed with Type III Luteal Phase Defect
    10.2011 Starting hcg injections on 5, 7 & 9 dpo
    BFP 12.7.11 - EDD 8.14.12 - IT'S A BOY! Fruit Baby
    Life During and After RPL
  • imageDemoDoll:
    I haven't thrown up once but I'm not a pukey person. I get diarrhea instead. I get so sick feeling somedays that I just wish I could throw up to make it all feel better. I would definitely define what I have as morning sickness. 

I was the same way! for the past 2 weeks I couldn't stay out of the bathroom because of diarrhea. It has only been about the past 3 days that my Nausea/pukey feelings have started.  Thought for sure today was going to was going to be the first time I threw up, Lucky it didn't happen. Best of luck to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"