Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Our first high-tail-it-out-of-restaurant experience

Not a question...just a...can-anyone-sympathize-with-me post!

So today, for my birthday, DH met me (he's working on a project he promised to get done by the end of the year...bummer!) at PF Changs for lunch.  I brought DD there, about an hour drive.  She slept the whole way but woke up a little before we got there.  Inside she started getting fussy, so we took her out of the car seat.  She was okay for a little bit, but then started getting louder.  We tried bouncing her, I even had a failed NIP attempt because she didn't want to eat.  Then I had to get myself back together.  I ended up taking her in the bathroom, where she even did the red face cry.  I tried to feed her again...fail!  I checked her diaper - clean as ever!  I realized from the red eyelids she was tired and there was probably just too much for her to see for her to fall asleep.  So I wrapped her in a swaddle sack and got her a little calmer.  I took her back to the table and we quickly requested boxes!  Then we hightailed it out of there!  Ugh!  Of course she fell asleep in the car, so I was able to make something of my 1 hr. drive by stopping at BRU and Target...but it was interesting.  Her bday gift to me I guess!  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Our first high-tail-it-out-of-restaurant experience

• I feel your pain- this happened on my H's bday.  Check please!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can sympathize!  We had to hightail it out of a Cheddar's (mmm... PF Chang....  whoops, I digress!) because DH forgot to bring a pacifier for DD.  We had already ordered but hadn't yet gotten the food.  We arrived separately so I left with DD while I waited for the food and got it boxed up, too.  Nothing was calming that girl down at that point.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so nervous about this happening to us! For some reason my family members thought it was a good idea to buy us a bunch of restaurant giftcards, while I am super thankful it just seems kind of funny since he is only a week and a half old and I am EBF. I guess we can just wait a little longer and then I can pump so DH and I can go out on dates.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I guess it happens and everybody understands, so do what ya gotta do. Usually mine sleeps when we're eating. But we had that happen at Moe's, so not quite as crazy. I couldnt even eat my meal, so I had my husband eat fast and leave so he could drive and I just ate in the car. ha. I was super nervous last night because my parents wanted us to go to a nice-ish restaurant, but she slept, so whew!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It happens to the best of us.  Just wait until your child is 2 and won't sit still in a restaurant.  That's worse :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DJ hasn't done that to us yet, but last week we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant and right before our food came he destroyed a diaper so DH offered to go change him.  Bad move.  DJ dismantled this diaper and right when DH sat back down the waiter put a place with enchiladas and refried beans down in front of DH.  I thought he was going to spew everywhere.  Needless to say we got boxes and left.  I don't think he ever did eat any of that meal.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We stick to really noisy restaurants - it acts like white noise and puts her to sleep almost immediately. 

Now I did have a high tail it out of the restaurant experience with DS - he had been acting normal all day but as we were being seated, he started screaming for me. DH hands him to me and he proceeds to puke all over me, himself and the floor. DH wanted to still go ahead and eat!   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"