Adoption

Give me an idea what to expect

DH and I just submitted our agency agreement to adopt internationally.  We're waiting for contact from our social worker to begin the homestudy process.  I'm really nervous.  Please give me some idea what to expect and what to prepare for.  Thanks.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers >Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Re: Give me an idea what to expect

• In my experience, any agency worth its salt will sit down with you and tell you what you can expect. You'll likely have to do some sort of autobiography to give them an idea of your background and current life, as well as your thoughts about adoption. How you answer those questions will lead conversations with the SW. You'll also need background checks and clearances that there are no criminal complaints against you, esp as regards children. Usually a matter of simple paperwork.

I'm not familiar with the international aspects of it, so there may be country-specific stuff you'll be required to do.

GL! Very exciting.

• I remember feeling very overwhelmed when the agency gave us a list of the documents we were going to need.  But once we got started, it happened rather quickly.  (The home study part... waiting is another story)

Good Luck!     

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"