Breastfeeding

breastmilk+daycare

Right now DD is 2.5 months.  She's at daycare about 9 hrs./day, and she eats about 6 times a day.  Usually 3-4X at dc and 3ish times at home.  I'm leaving her with 4 oz. bottles at dc now.  I'm confused though about if I should keep this amount the same for the next several months, or if it should increase.  How do I know if / when I should increase the amount?  I don't want her overfed and then my supply not able to keep up with that...but I don't want her constantly starving!  I think 4 oz. is about right now based on what I've read on Kelly Mom about dividing the apprx. 25 oz. / day by the number of feeds / day...but I just don't know how long that works for.  TIA
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: breastmilk+daycare

• The amount usually stays the same until 6 months.  I send four ounce bottles and she eats four times within ten hours and then another four times at home. I think it probably comes out to more like 30 ounces per day for her. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Your milk changes as the babies get older. Rather than the volume increasing like formula, the calorie count of your milk increases. You can see this if you refrigerate the pumped milk. The layer of fat on top gets much thicker as the baby gets older.

I send DD with three four oz bottles and she usually eats two at daycare in eight hours.

Most EBF babies are going to stay eating 4-5 oz at a feeding and be just fine. Remember that the baby will let you know if they are hungry. If you have a happy baby, you're good.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • ns1ns1 member
    Wow...that's pretty amazing!  I'm impressed with my body!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"