Babies: 3 - 6 Months

How to help LO learn to roll the other way?

My LO has been rolling from back to belly since she was 3.5 months old. She turns 5 months in a couple days and has yet to learn to go from belly to back. She hates being on her tummy but will not stop rolling over. I usually let her fuss a little hoping she will get frustrated enough to push herself the other direction but I always end up having to flip her. Is there a way that you encouraged your LO to roll from belly to back? Thanks!

Re: How to help LO learn to roll the other way?

• DS rolled belly to back like 2 months ago 4 times in one day, then never again. Recently, DH had started holding his arms straight (he likes to flop around with them out wide like he is swimming) and we found that if his arms were out front he could roll. Then the past few days he has magically started holding himself up really high using his arms, and started rolling again. I am not sure if what DH did helped at all or not, it may just take her some time to get there on her own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD has been rolling to her belly for ages, but was more sporadic with rolling to her back. I don't know that there's any way to encourage them other than just giving them plenty of tummy time. DD just started consistently rolling to her back today.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the opposite problem!o  My DD LOVES rolling from belly to back (because she hates tummy time), but refuses to roll back to belly. She will be 5 months in 5 days!

I just figure, she'll do it when she's ready.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageExcited Mrs P:

I have the opposite problem!o  My DD LOVES rolling from belly to back (because she hates tummy time), but refuses to roll back to belly. She will be 5 months in 5 days!

I just figure, she'll do it when she's ready.

This! And I had always heard that belly to back typically comes first as it's easier for them. Good for your little ones for learning back to belly first! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"