January 2012 Moms

looks like I'm going to be a Jan momma

My due date was Wed...I was so sure this baby would be here before 2012 I was 3cm and 80% effaced last week.  I don't want to get induced, I've been having braxton hicks for 2 days then they stopped...the waiting is getting tourtorus.

I know a lot of people care about the tax credit, but what I was worried about is the medical.  I've alredy met my deductible and part of my out of pocket max for 2011 but now I will have to meet it all over again right away in 2012 with the labor, delivery and hospital stay  !!! grrrrr LO is already costing me a ton of $$$ (and yes the tax credit too). 

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: looks like I'm going to be a Jan momma

• Welcome to the January board! I didn't even think of the deductibles! I am due Jan 10th, I thought I would have had this LO by now! Happy New Year!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was just reminded today how if ds doesn't come tonight we won't get the tax credit. I'm more worried that if he doesn't come soon they'll have to induce me again. Looks like a lot of us are gonna be January mommies after all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The deductible part does suck. It actually works great for my parents because I'm under my moms plan so the deductible will be paid for the whole year for everybody else. My moms plan is great, I can be on it until I'm 26(I'm 24) even though I'm married I'm still covered! Score! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • FWIW, it's likely to be more to your benefit tax-wise in the long run to have the baby in January.  You will get 18 years of the tax benefit either way (unless things change).  You'll more than likely get more money having a January baby because in 18 years you are more likely to be making more money than you are now.  So get the smaller tax benefit now or wait 18 years and get the more beneficial one....?  Smile

The deductible is a bummer though.  I'm having a c-section so I'll have to meet the deductible again and then pay 10% of my c/s which will be $5000+.  Boo. 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagemegaloo27:
    The deductible part does suck. It actually works great for my parents because I'm under my moms plan so the deductible will be paid for the whole year for everybody else. My moms plan is great, I can be on it until I'm 26(I'm 24) even though I'm married I'm still covered! Score! 

OT:  I don't mean to scare you, but my friend had this situation and her child wasn't covered under the plan.  They only covered her maternity stuff.  Did you check out to see if your baby's costs are covered?

Sorry if this is a total downer, but it caused a lot of problems for my friend. 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I thought about the deductible too, but don't worry...with hospital visits, delivery, and pediatrician visits, you will have met it 10x over in 2012.  As my father likes to say (lovingly, of course, he's a great dad) "Children are the death of net worth"...but SO worth it :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"