Single Parents
Options

Those with supervised visits.

Now that I have an income coming in again.  I plan on hiring a lawyer very soon.  Hopefully in the next month.  What did you have to have in the line off proof to get supervised visits for your lo?  I have the absolute worst luck.  Everyone keeps telling me that there is no way a judge would grant him any kind of parental custody.  But my luck leans towards me getting screwed every time.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those with supervised visits.

• Options

There is clear abuse from my STBXH and he was even charged with threatening to kill our child and the SOB is still getting supervised visits against my wishes. I guess it's better than unsupervised. But he plead guilty to the terroristic threats and he's in jail and I also have been granted an OFP. That's plenty of proof on my behalf to request supervised visits.

My mom said something the other day that irked me bad but she was so right. The entire court system works better for criminals and "bad people" than it does for victims or those of us who are good people. That's what the courts are all about. Working out deals with bad guys (99% of the time).

If you don't mind my asking, what has occurred or is occurring in order for you to want supervised visitation?

• Options
    Drug use physical violence (nothing that has caused serious injury) and he has delusions.  He has been showing signs of paranoid schizo but he is just telling me it was a short lived mental breakdown. During one of his delusions he wanted me to get in the car so we could chase down some bad guys. He complely forgot that I couldn't go anywhere bc of dd sleeping in the next room.  I was paying for sitters whenever he was watching dd bc if he was having a full on delusion he would be so into figuring out what the bad guys were doing that he would not check on dd or take care of her.  He also would not allow anyone to turn on lights bc then the bad guys would be able to see us.  Of course when I had him commited he denied it all and told the courts I was only doing it bc I wanted a divorce.  He admitted to the drs that our house was under attack but still believes that our dd was never in any danger. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagescout426:
    Drug use physical violence (nothing that has caused serious injury) and he has delusions.  He has been showing signs of paranoid schizo but he is just telling me it was a short lived mental breakdown. During one of his delusions he wanted me to get in the car so we could chase down some bad guys. He complely forgot that I couldn't go anywhere bc of dd sleeping in the next room.  I was paying for sitters whenever he was watching dd bc if he was having a full on delusion he would be so into figuring out what the bad guys were doing that he would not check on dd or take care of her.  He also would not allow anyone to turn on lights bc then the bad guys would be able to see us.  Of course when I had him commited he denied it all and told the courts I was only doing it bc I wanted a divorce.  He admitted to the drs that our house was under attack but still believes that our dd was never in any danger. 

wow.... that sound like a very good reason for supervised visits! scary... I hope it all works out for you! 

• Options
    My XH has supervised visitation for similar reasons you stated. My XH has been diagnosed with some pretty serious mental health issues and my lawyer had to get the court to order my XH to release his medical records to be used as evidence. Between my XH's medical records, his own behavior during the divorce hearing, the documented domestic violence, and some other issues he was granted 2 hours of supervised visitation (professionally supervised at his expense) per week. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"