Trying to Get Pregnant

chemical pregnancy?

I was so sure I was in for a bfp, had symptoms I've never had with pms and my period was late. Yesterday I noticed some very light spotting which I got excited about thinnking it was implantation blleeding since I've never had spotting before my period. During the night I had horrible cramping worse than normal period pain and today I have been bleeding an extrodinary amount. It has gotten progressively worse and now I'm going through the super tampons every hour or two with lots of clumps which I dont normally have. Nothing about this strikes me as a normal period and googling anything has just made me paranoid. Has anyone else experienced similar symptoms with a chemical pregnancy? My biggest concern would be this is an indication of potential problems. Obviously this is a question for my doctor but do you know why it is suggested to wait a cycle after a chemical pregnancy to ttc again? Thanks for any help ladies! fingers crossed for everyones 2012 bfps! Happy new year!

Re: chemical pregnancy?

• Did you get a positive test? It sounds like you are having a heavy period to me. When mine are heavy, I go through supers every 1-2 hours.
  • Hormone fluctuations can cause the occassional unusually heavy, clotty period like you describe. So can endo or thyroid problems. But if it's a one-time thing, I wouldn't worry about it. If you start going through a super tampon in under an hour for several hours in a row, then you may want to go to the ER to make sure you're not losing to much blood. Feel better!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Loading the player...
  • imageShayliz:
    Did you get a positive test? It sounds like you are having a heavy period to me. When mine are heavy, I go through supers every 1-2 hours.

Yes Yep! This :)

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageShayliz:
    Did you get a positive test? It sounds like you are having a heavy period to me. When mine are heavy, I go through supers every 1-2 hours.

This.  I didn't have any worse cramps than normal when I had a CP.  I had a few clots (though I've had them before as well) and the flow was pretty normal like a regular period though I had several BFP's for four days before I started bleeding.  Also, waiting or not to TTC again depends on the doctor I think.  Mine gave me the go ahead to try again right away.  Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think it has something to do with Betas, they need to be at a certain level before trying again.  I had bloodwork done a week after and my doctor gave me the green light to try right away.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• imageShayliz:

This. You just described my typical period. 

TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • imagex3Harmony534:
    I was so sure I was in for a bfp, had symptoms I've never had with pms and my period was late. Yesterday I noticed some very light spotting which I got excited about thinnking it was implantation blleeding since I've never had spotting before my period. During the night I had horrible cramping worse than normal period pain and today I have been bleeding an extrodinary amount. It has gotten progressively worse and now I'm going through the super tampons every hour or two with lots of clumps which I dont normally have. Nothing about this strikes me as a normal period and googling anything has just made me paranoid. Has anyone else experienced similar symptoms with a chemical pregnancy? My biggest concern would be this is an indication of potential problems. Obviously this is a question for my doctor but do you know why it is suggested to wait a cycle after a chemical pregnancy to ttc again? Thanks for any help ladies! fingers crossed for everyones 2012 bfps! Happy new year!

First, I agree with the others about this is most likely an unusually heavy period.  Without a positive test, you can't confirm a CP.  When I had mine, I took a test and started my period the next day.  It wasn't really any different than a normal period for me because I was not quite 5 weeks yet.

About the waiting a month - that's a general recommendation based on the fact that you would want a period to mark the start of a new cycle for dating purposes should you happen to get pregnant immediately.  If you didn't know exactly when you ovulated, the doctor would only have the previous period's date and using that date could make it look like you were  further along than you really were.   However, if you're charting temps and CF, your doctor might tell you it's okay to try right away because you would have a confirmed ovulation date to date the pregnancy. 

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • imageangelsnight:

imageShayliz:

This.  I didn't have any worse cramps than normal when I had a CP.  I had a few clots (though I've had them before as well) and the flow was pretty normal like a regular period though I had several BFP's for four days before I started bleeding.  Also, waiting or not to TTC again depends on the doctor I think.  Mine gave me the go ahead to try again right away.  Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think it has something to do with Betas, they need to be at a certain level before trying again.  I had bloodwork done a week after and my doctor gave me the green light to try right away.

Same with me.

Emilia Antoinette
    10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's not a chemical pregnancy unless you get a positive test.  "Abnormal" AFs are NORMAL. You are not having a chemical pregnancy.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Everything PP's say I agree with!  It's "normal" to have a wonky period every now and again.  Mine happen to be very heavy regularly (think super plus tampons every 2 hours for 3 days, then it drops down to every 4 hours until it is done).  I've never had a CP, and I pray I never do, but unless you had a positive test I'm not sure there's a way to tell if you did or not...  GL!
    BFP 5/15, CP 5/23. We had 7 sweet days with our Angel Baby. image imageimage
    My Ovulation Chart
    Anniversary ~*~*~*~*June Siggy Challenge!~*~*~*~ image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"