Babies: 0 - 3 Months

moms with 2 or more-- Sit-n-stand stroller Question

My SIL has offered to sell me her sit-n-stand stroller for $50.  It is about 7 years old and to me doesn't seem very user friendly (awkward to use, close, carry, etc). 

What can you tell me about them.  Do you use one? 

TIA

Married to the Love of My Life since September 14, 2002. 
Me: 39 DH: 36
BFP#1: 10/20/08,  EDD: 6/29/09
PIH, bedrest for 4 wks, delivered at 39 weeks by induction and then c-section- Healthy baby boy on 6/24/09 :-)

BFP#2: 11/24/11, EDD: 8/4/12, Angel Baby- 2/19/12
Enlarged bladder seen on U/S at 12 weeks (1/15/12), possibly LUTO or Prune Belly, Heartbeat at OB on 2/17/12,
No heartbeat/movement at U/S on 2/20/12, (missed MC), D&E:2/22/12.  Miscarried our sweet angel boy @ 16 wks

TTCAL since June 2012, 
Progesterone normal, FSH elevated & AMH on the low side--  "ovaries acting older"
Clomid cycles: 50 mg in February, July, August, September, November 2013, June 2014--  BFNs!!  :-(
August & September 2014: Clomid, HCG and IUI-- BFNs
September 2014: FSH= 15.7 AMH= 0.25  UGH!!!  Old lady Ovaries!!!
October & November 2014: Gonadatropin injections, HCG & IUI... BFNs!!

We have been blessed with a sweet little boy.  
Hoping to be able to give him a sibling someday.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: moms with 2 or more-- Sit-n-stand stroller Question

• I have the sit and stand double. DS is 22 months and LO is 1 month i really like it. it is a little bulky for my trunk, and i think i could have gotten away with a regular sit and stand, but i wasen't sure how DS would be when i bought it a few months ago. but i like it alot.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  •  I bought one at a yard sale for $60 that is 1 year old, hardly used, in great condition, so $50 for a 7 year old one is not a great deal, first of all.  You can find them on Craigslist all the time. 

I only got one because I knew when the baby was in a stroller that DD1 would want to ride as well, and I didn't want a traditional double. However, DD2 hates the carrier, and DD1 usually wants to walk, so I end up herding DD1, carrying/wearing DD2 and pushing that bus!  When both girls are in it though it is SO heavy.  It is a pain to close, but I'm used to Peg Peregos and Maclearans that are super easy. 

My biggest issues with it are lack of storage space/ability to get the basket when the carrier is in, and the fact that DD1 can't really sit down when the carrier is in.  When DD2 is big enough to sit up and ride it will be a different story, but the seat is kind of useless right now.

Hope that helps. 

Big A 06-07-08 Little A 11-11-11
  • Loading the player...
  • Our first two are a little over 1 year apart in age... We used a sit and stand stroller and LOVED it. It seemed big and akward, but when pushing it it was actually much easier to manuver than the double or side-by-side strollers we tried. And our kids loved it. We primarily used it for walks--we did not take it to the mall much or anything, but I imagine it would have been pretty bulky to take in the car a lot.  We used it for about 2 years then sold it on Craigslist when my kids started riding bikes and were no longer interested in sitting.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • $50 for a 7 year old stroller is outrageous. I would not get that especially if it's not one of the nicer sit and stands. I also cant believe she's trying to get money from you for a stroller that old.

This sit n stand is newer, not much more expensive than what your SIL is offering, and has good reviews if you like that concept.

https://www.amazon.com/Joovy-Caboose-Tandem-Stroller-Orangetree/dp/B001IYB2HW

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"