Cloth Diapering
Options

formula vs breastmilk & poop

Unfortunately the time has come where I am now unable to produce enough breastmilk to feed LO for an entire day. I am an EPer and I will continue to pump for as long as I continue to produce milk so she will still be getting mostly breastmilk. At this point I think I only need to supplement for one bottle a day. Any CD mamas out there that can inform me on what formula poop is like and if I will need to do anything differently for LO's diapers?

TIA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: formula vs breastmilk & poop

• Options
    I swapped LO over to formula when she came home from the hospital. To be honest, I didn't notice a change in her stools. They looked the same to me as they did when she was taking BM. 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    I was in the same situation as you two months ago ... EPer having to supplement.  Now DS is almost 6 months old and is exclusively FF.  I did notice a visual difference in his poop when we added formula, but it all still comes clean in the wash.  I haven't had to change anything with our CD routine.  Of course, we're starting solids next week, and that will be another issue entirely! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD was EFF. I just tossed her diapers in the wash.
  • Options
    Formula poo comes out in the wash the same as BM poo
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"