TTC After a Loss
Options

Thanks for the warm welcome, but...(NOT a BFP announcement)

This may come off wrong to some people and I apologize ahead of time if does. I've been thinking all day about this. Last night a newbie to this board (though not necessarily a newbie to the world of infertility or m/c's) posted a BFP - which, rightfully, hurt most of us to see (myself included). And I understand the people who said "uhm...congrats" and things of that nature because they didn't know her and it was a bit of a knife to the heart. 

However, some of the other responses were so mean and hateful. Our loss was only 6 months ago, so I know the sting, I'm still dealing with friends of mine's announcements and trying to truly be happy for them. But, with trying to move on and my hubby being deployed right now, I just don't need the negativity. A "BFP warning" was in the subject line and I feel like people didn't need to attack so vigorously. You could have said nothing to her, or not even read the post.  

So, I think I'll forgo participating in this board. Thank you for the warm welcome I received when I first got here. I wish you all good luck with TTCAL. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary

Re: Thanks for the warm welcome, but...(NOT a BFP announcement)

• Options
    So you wrote a post to tell us that we are mean?  Isn't that mean?  Couldn't you have just left if you don't like us.  Pot...meet kettle.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagedelino:
    So you wrote a post to tell us that we are mean?  Isn't that mean?  Couldn't you have just left if you don't like us.  Pot...meet kettle.
    Yes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Huh? I'm a meanie head sometimes.. what can I say? I'm sorry you feel like we wouldn't be able to support you, but I got to tell you this post is just gonna cause more drama, it's not going to change anything, you should have just left. Good luck on your TTCAL though.

• Options
    Peace out. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• Options
    your loss
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options
    I get it... but if you lurk you should pretty much know how this board is and its ridiculous to expect otherwise.  So the fact that people say they lurk and then post a bfp just seems like a load of BS.  I dont mind saying congrats to a complete stranger.  But a lot of people do, im going to say the vast majority of the board does.  
  • Options
    um...k bye?

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you feel that way.  Wishing you all the luck in your TTCAL journey. 
  • Options

imagedelino:

I'm going to have to agree with delino here.  Perhaps it's time to take a long look in the mirror.  If you don't like us, you might not like who you really are. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Options
    Gena dx PCOS 1997 BFP 2/12/10, mmc discovered at 10w6d/d&c 11w3d
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    My Never Updated Chart
    Bonus buddies with Cashewsmommy!
    Join Swagbucks! Earn free Amazon cards!
  • Options
    imageVikingQueen:

Huh? I'm a meanie head sometimes.. what can I say? I'm sorry you feel like we wouldn't be able to support you, but I got to tell you this post is just gonna cause more drama, it's not going to change anything, you should have just left. Good luck on your TTCAL though.

I love you VQ....OP, like she said, sorry you felt we wouldn't be able to support you (you are wrong about that). The fact of the matter is, it WAS wrong of her to post her drive by BFP...whether you agree or not, that's just how it is. It hurt many people (including me).

This board has a very specific "atmosphere" and tone and TBH, many of us love it just for that reason, not in spite of it. And no, it isn't for everyone.

I wish you much luck in your TTCAL journey. But, like PP said, it's your loss. 

• Options
    I wish you would stick around. I'm not saying I haven't been bothered by some of the negativity here before, but the good seriously outweighs the bad. There's nowhere else in the world I could ever go where so many people understand what I'm going through. {hugs} 
    It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you don't want to stick around. I am also not bothered by the driveby BFPs, but that is the way of the board and the fact that it hurts the girls, I don't like it. I've been on this board for over 6 months and still wouldn't just post a BFP because I respect these girls feelings. Having common sense goes a long way. I don't think anyone would just run into a room of women TTCAL and tell everyone they got a BFP, even if you were at some point one of those people. Why is it ok here? Anyway, it's too bad you won't stay around. These girls are truly awesome and supportive.
  • Options

imageBabyTrippin:

You read my mind!

OP- Sorry you don't like the attitude. Staying or going is your call, but I'm not sure that your "you guys are meanie-heads" call out did anything to help your cause...

• Options

imageIEtoLA:
    I'm sorry you don't want to stick around. I am also not bothered by the driveby BFPs, but that is the way of the board and the fact that it hurts the girls, I don't like it. I've been on this board for over 6 months and still wouldn't just post a BFP because I respect these girls feelings. Having common sense goes a long way. I don't think anyone would just run into a room of women TTCAL and tell everyone they got a BFP, even if you were at some point one of those people. Why is it ok here? Anyway, it's too bad you won't stay around. These girls are truly awesome and supportive.

YesYes 

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options

imageDeethebee:

lol love this! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh lordy here we go again.....
  • Options

I can completely understand and respect why you feel this way. I've toyed with the same feelings and worries. I believe a lot in things like attitude and energies that we surround ourselves with and harboring resentment, bitterness, and jealousy only hurts the person projecting those feelings in the long run. I also think it negatively effects our spirits and in turn our physical bodies. For people trying to bring life into this world, I think it's best to try to surround ourselves with a spirit of grace and gentleness and peace.  

• Options

imagepanacea05:
    I wish you would stick around. I'm not saying I haven't been bothered by some of the negativity here before, but the good seriously outweighs the bad. There's nowhere else in the world I could ever go where so many people understand what I'm going through. {hugs} 

This exactly. The negativity DOES bother me here and no way would I ever post a bfp here but I get so much good out of here that I try to overlook it. GL with your journey!!

• Options

imagepanacea05:

This.  

• Options
    imageMidwestIrishBride:

I can completely understand and respect why you feel this way. I've toyed with the same feelings and worries. I believe a lot in things like attitude and energies that we surround ourselves with and harboring resentment, bitterness, and jealousy only hurts the person projecting those feelings in the long run. I also think it negatively effects our spirits and in turn our physical bodies. For people trying to bring life into this world, I think it's best to try to surround ourselves with a spirit of grace and gentleness and peace.  

What you agrees with her so much that you had to start your own post?! Way to keep the drama happening
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagewickedsugar:
    See ya... Don't let the door hit ya, and don't fall to hard off that high horse...

I love you Wicked!

dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Options
    imageLoveOfMikesLife:
    imageMidwestIrishBride:

What you agrees with her so much that you had to start your own post?! Way to keep the drama happening

Yea exactly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"