Baby Names
Options

Help with boy name please.

We have a 2 year old boy named Leland Brock and we call him Brock. And we're having another boy! I think we've decided on Brant for his middle name. That's also what we'll call him. So we just need a first name. Obviously nothing too trendy. I've only found 1 I like so far.

Declan Brant

Yup, that's all I got! Any suggestions?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Brant- diagnosed with Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome with hemihypertrophy in October 2012.

Re: Help with boy name please.

• Options
    Out of curiosity, why do you not just the mn as the fn and call them by that?  If you are going to call him Brant, why wouldn't you just name him Brant?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kieran, Oliver, Finnigan, Garrett, Seamus

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemommybrynn:
    Out of curiosity, why do you not just the mn as the fn and call them by that?  If you are going to call him Brant, why wouldn't you just name him Brant?

With our first son, we originally chose Brock Leland. But if you say it out loud it sounds a little bit like broccoli land. So we swapped it around. Since he goes by his mn we just decided to do the same with this son.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Brant- diagnosed with Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome with hemihypertrophy in October 2012.
  • Options
    Declan Brant sounds ok. I would really like Declan Grant.
  • Options
    imagejerica0003:

With our first son, we originally chose Brock Leland. But if you say it out loud it sounds a little bit like broccoli land. So we swapped it around. Since he goes by his mn we just decided to do the same with this son.

I have nothing to add, but "broccoli land" cracked me up. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP on 1/1/11; pPROM at 19 weeks; Jameson Thomas born on 4/5/11 at 20 weeks.

Imagine a love so strong that saying hello and goodbye the same day was worth the sorrow.
  • Options
    Harrison came to mind immediately.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • Options

I like Declan Brant. To be honest, I prefer Declan to Brant. Are you meaning to give your sons names that are somewhat matchy? (BRock and BRant)

I also like the PP's suggestion of Harrison Brant. It sounds really nice! That also makes me think of the name, Davis. But I think Brant Davis sounds better than Davis Brant.

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"