Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Anyone staying in for NYE?

We are old!  Well, we were never one for going out and dealing with the NYE crowds before DD. Now we have an excuse to stay in, stuff ourselves with yummy food and watch a movie and the ball drop.

Anyone else?

Re: Anyone staying in for NYE?

• Options
    Raises hand.  Ordering some yummy take out, then going into the jacuzzi with a bottle of wine.  After the jacuzzi, pj's and a movie.  We are old too HA! 
    proof-3 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We've never gone out.  We get pizza, junk food and watch movies all night.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It will just be another night in our house. We were never into ringing in the New Year with any fanfare. We don't mind, and will probably be in bed by the time the ball drops.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We want to go out but don't have a sitter, so we'll stay in with movies, wine, Chinese take-out, and chocolate fondue for dessert.
  • Options
    Glad to hear it ladies! Lots of my friends get babysitters and head out into the craziness! I have ZERO desire to deal with the crowd and the drunkies!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    We are getting Chinese food and a couple of red box movies and staying in. Bad weather and drunk idiots doesn't sound like my idea of fun tonight!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think the farthest we'll get out is if I can talk DH into taking me to the Texas Roadhouse for a steak tonight =) Then its back home to cozy up & like most others be asleep before it even turns midnight? Who knows we might get crazy up in here & make it to see the ball drop ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We are! DH is working til 8pm anyway so there's no where to go. That's ok, drunk drivers scare the bejeezus out of me on NYE.

Baby #3 is on the way! EDD  3/8/15
    DD1--8/29/10
    DD2--11/6/12

• Options

imagehopkins5:
    We want to go out but don't have a sitter, so we'll stay in with movies, wine, Chinese take-out, and chocolate fondue for dessert.

This.  I was still trying to work my mom into babysitting tonight. But she is looking forward to dinner with my dad.  Ugh. 

We love to go out and love NYE.  But we'll be taking the girls to a festival for an hour or so, sushi take-out, some beers and a little bit of chuckling at *** Clark (I know, I know...not very nice).

• Options
    We're having some friends over and one is pregnant, due any day so we'll be sipping on cider and watching movies!
  • Options
    I'm staying in....  In fact, I'm not even sure I'll be able to stay up late enough.
  • Options

Gonna order Papa Murphy's pizza (LOVE their pizza!) and watch a movie. We'll probably end up passing out early. 

My mom and dad even offered to watch Maddie, but my DH is paranoid about drunk drivers and we'd have to deal with an exhausted daughter afterward anyway. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yup. Cozying up with some blankets and watching the ball drop.
  • Options
    Kinda/sorta. We're going to my friends house where we'll have dinner, the kids can play together, adults can talk, then we'll be home around 9 or 9:30.

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• Options
    yea. I'm 38 pregnant and I don't have any babysitting contacts. 
  • Options
    We've never gone out. We stay home, and friends who also have kids come over. It's very low-key. But it just never seems worth going out on NYE.

• Options

Im staying in, DH has to work and with that DD and I are staying in and watching movies and I think I might see how long she will last and just hang out eat some take out and snacks and watch some kiddie movies and go from there. I normally dont let her stay up but with her sleep being off as it is i figure its not gonna anything. Anyway, sorry for rambling! Wishing everyone an awesome New Year, Bring it on 2012!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickersPhotobucket
  • Options
    We decided to save the money tonight and just make a yummy dinner and drinks here. We stayed in for the most part last year too since I was pregnant then. Mixing pregnancy the NYE idiots wasn't on my radar last year.
  • Options
    Kids are staying at my parents but we're still staying home. Spending a relaxing evening home with my DH and catching up on sleep sounds much more desirable than going out drinking right about now.
  • Options
    Staying home and playing wow.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    We are staying in. I've got cheese and crackers, champagne punch, plain champagne and some other goodies. My brother and his GF are coming to hang out as well. We are ready to watch the ball drop from the comfort and safety of our living room.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I don't even think we're staying up for midnight, let alone going anywhere....LOL
  • Options

We're staying in. Were actually headed to my il's in about 2 hours, for a family get together and then we'll be home by 7:30.  My parents may come over for a bit but I'm sure they'll be gone by 10 or so, and there is no way I'm staying up to see midnight.

Dh and I have never been big into going out for NYE, we've hung out at different friends houses over the years, but even a few years prior to dd's arrival we just stayed home. Drunk drivers isn't something I've ever cared to be around.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm a single mama but STBXH has DD for the night so I'll just be staying in the house hanging out with my parents and maybe having sushi or pizza. Happy New Years ladies!
  • Options
    My NYE plans were decided for me when I woke up feeling like crap, this will be the first NYE in I don't know how long that I will be staying at home. I guess it goes with the theme for 2011....because this was one crappy year  lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yup, staying home with my 2 LOs :)
  • Options
    We are staying in, cooking fajitas, and drinking some champagne.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  For us, we would prefer to stay in on NYE and go out on a random weekend.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ordering pizza, drinking champagne, and playing board games and Wii. Oh, and I did buy some new lingerie today...;)
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options
    I'm staying in!  H is out of town for work but even if he was home, we probably wouldn't be going out.  PPs did give me the great idea to get Chinese food though!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Usborne Books & More site: https://t3702.myubam.com/
    Buy awesome books for your kids, host an online party to earn FREE books, fundraise, or join my selling team!
  • Options
    imagewife1014:

a little bit of chuckling at *** Clark (I know, I know...not very nice).

OMG Us too. DH yells at me every year, but man...Diick isn't doing too well and I usually make fun of him for a min before I feel bad. 

As for the point of this post, yes we are staying in. I went to dinner with DD and a friend and now I'm home waiting for DH to get home. He should be home around 9 (from work).  I got us a piece of cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory to share. YUM

• Options
    We are staying in and DD apparently thinks she is staying up 'til 12 being she is wide awake at almost 10pm. ugh! =/ Happy NY!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We went for dinner with my ILs and came home to stay in!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"