Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

DD?

I was kind of interested in those responses. Oh well..
oa1
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: DD?

• Options
    What did I miss?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMason&Mama:
    What did I miss?

Ditto. P.S. Mason&Mama DS got that same little snail guy for Christmas lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Something about cereal in a bottle to get longer stretches between feedings. Because her baby is always hungry after 2 hours and 6-7 ounces. 

*shrug* 

oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    imagejmo866:

imageMason&Mama:
    What did I miss?

I have the snail guy too! She doesn't really like it yet.  

oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    imagevnstacie:

Something about cereal in a bottle to get longer stretches between feedings. Because her baby is always hungry after 2 hours and 6-7 ounces. 

*shrug* 

. Why would someone DD that? That question comes up every third day on this board! I think that sometimes people are quick to jump on people just because they know something isn't recommended. People with innocent questions who really don't realize cereal is no longer recommended get jumped on so quickly. I didn't see the post, but I am guessing that this is how it went. Even my cousin was shocked to hear that cereal in bottles isn't recommended practice, and her child is only 3. She told me that her son was pretty much getting a cereal frappe by the time he was weaned off the bottle, and that is what her pedi recommended. Most of us know better, but I have seen people asking for advice get attacked. (Disclaimer once again that I didn't actually see the post or know for sure what happened.)
  • Options
    imagevnstacie:
    imagejmo866:

imageMason&Mama:
    What did I miss?

. Mason isn't too impressed yet, but I think he will like it more when he is more mobile.
  • Options
    imageMason&Mama:
    imagevnstacie:
    imagejmo866:

imageMason&Mama:
    What did I miss?

. Mason isn't too impressed yet, but I think he will like it more when he is more mobile.

I'm thinking The same.  

PS that pic of your LO with the new years headband is so adorable.  

oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    imagevnstacie:
    imageMason&Mama:
    imagevnstacie:
    imagejmo866:

imageMason&Mama:
    What did I miss?

I'm thinking The same.  

PS that pic of your LO with the new years headband is so adorable.  

Ditto. Loving that pic!

• Options
    I didn't see the thread, but jumping in about the snail.  Lilah got one from SILs fiance's parents for Hannukah.  I can't really tell if she likes it.  She did inch towards it during tummy time.  However, that thing is uber-sensitive.  You can breath on it and it sings... I have a feeling it's going to drive me NUTS!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

Wait WHAT?  My pedi told me to put rice int he formula for the night time feedings.  He said to do it for the late night feeding and the early morning.  Is this not true anymore?

On another note I LOVE the pic of Mason! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments on Mason's photo. I actually took it a few weeks ago for the calendars we made as Xmas presents. And to PP (sorry, I forget your name), it is no longer recommended to put cereal in bottles except for severe reflux. I am guessing you might have an old school pedi. I don't think that it will really cause harm to your baby (it has been done for years), but when your baby is ready for cereal it should be started with a spoon. I am not a pedi though, and maybe your pedi had other reasons why to recommend this. Maybe just ask the pedi why he recommends it on your next visit. It is a old wives tale that it will help with sleep, and it can be a choking hazzard.
  • Options
    Oo ok.  My daughter actually has severe reflux so I bet that is why he had us start that.  He also had her start other solids early to help keep food down better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Can someone please convince my DH that cereal is NOT recommended in the bottle? He is driving me crazy trying to get me to do it because both of our moms said to do it. Of course they did... They both raised kids 20 + years ago. *sigh* We have our 4 month check up next week so hopefully asking the pedi and her saying no will convince him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"