November 2011 Moms

Regressing on night sleeping! (vent/advice?)

UGH. We had been doing great, LO would be awake most of the day and asleep most of the night, waking up two to three times a night to nurse but always going right back to sleep.

Fast forward to now.

The last week, baby has totally reversed it. She wakes up at 9pm, ready to play, and stays awake literally all night. Not one blink of sleep. Then 6am hits, and like magic she dozes off into a peaceful sleep. She sleeps for most of the day, and then at 9pm we repeat the horrible cycle.

Even if I try to keep her awake during the day, she still nods right off and throws fits if I try to keep her from falling asleep or wake her up. And at night, if I set her down or try to put her in her bassinet or bouncer or swing, she cries and cries until somebody picks her up. Last night, DH and I took turns with two-hour shifts during the night staying up with her, but even when it wasn't my turn I was still awake because she was wanting to cluster feed and crying her eyes out every time DH tried to put her down. And DH was up while it was my turn becase she just couldn't be calmed down, and because we've got family staying over I had to keep her in our room and the nursery (which is attached to our room), so he was awake listening to us. 

I am so tired. And with family still in town, I can't really "sleep when the baby sleeps" either. The only sleep I get is from about 6am to about 9am. I am running on fumes. I'm beyond fumes. I'm stranded on the side of the road out of gas.

Somebody please help me! I'm losing my mind!!

Mom to E, 11/2011 - Severe egg & dairy allergies, soy intolerance *** Stepmom to G, 2001

Re: Regressing on night sleeping! (vent/advice?)

• Your LO is a few weeks older than mine and I've been reading a few posts where there seems to be this sort of regression - I'm not looking forward to it!

My only thought is even though you don't want to be rude to your family if you explain whats going on they should be more than understanding if you take a nap for a few hours during the day.

((Right Hug)) I hope this passes soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sorry I can't help. I'm in the same boat as you. Read my post below yours "PLEASE HELP ME".....my desperate cry for help

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Loading the player...
  • I have no advice either... DD was sleeping 3-4 hr stretches at night and then about 3 weeks ago has started waking up every hr. Its been awful! She wakes up wanting to nurse/snack, falls asleep again after about 10-15 min, but then I have to sit there and hold her for about 20 min until she's in a deep sleep before I can move her otherwise she'll wake up again. That leaves me with about 30 minutes of sleep before she wakes up again. She's also the queen of 5 min cat naps during the day so I can't really sleep then either.
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"