2nd Trimester
Options

My breasts

i noticed today when i came home and took off my bra that i had crust on my nipples! i didnt know they were leaking?! it didnt happen the first time until i was weeks from delivery....is this normal and is it milk or should i be worried??
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image

Re: My breasts

• Options
    im 17 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image
  • Options
    I have always heard that once you have had a kid your boobs never dry completely up. It might not leak out, or can be squeezed out but its still there. And since your pregnant its showing up. I know my first time, I wasn't able to squeeze anything out till the very end.. this time I already can, even though I "dried up" after nursing my son!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

With my DS, I wanna say I was somewhere around 19 or 20 wks when I started leaking colostrum.  This time around I started noticing it around 14 or 15 wks.  My guess was that since my body had already been through it once before, it already knew what it was doing and just started earlier.

Either way, it's not unusual at all.

IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • Options
    I don't have it but from TB I think it is very common 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yep it's normal, and not necessarily related to this being a second pregnancy. I started leaking quite early with #1, and actually didn't leak at all with #2. This time I haven't started yet, so not sure if I will. 

(FWIW, to anyone wondering, I couldn't nurse #1 and successfully nursed #2, so leaking or not has nothing to do with BFing success.) 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is happening to me too.  If I squeeze my nipple the colostrum comes out too.  This happened with first this soon as well.  It's totally normal!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"