May 2012 Moms
Options

DH hurt my feelings. :(

I went out shopping last night for something to wear to a couple parties we have tonight. I bought a super cute shirt. Make that 2 super cute shirts! Long, covers my bum and im planning on wearing my leggins with my new boots I got a few months back. VERY EXCITED! I will get to stay cute and remain comfortable.

Well this morning he asks me if I found a shirt. I show him and he just stares at me then goes "so everyone else is going to be all dolled up in cocktail dresses and you are going in your pajamas. Awesome."

wtf?!?!?! I am pregnant. And being my 3rd I'm feeling things a little different and faster and worse this time. Like standing around in high heels all night sounds like a fabulous idea for my dsyfunctional pubic bone; or swollen, throbing who-ha. And let's just throw out I happen to have a small hemmeroid as well!

I told him I didn't care what everyone else was wearing. But guess what? I do. Deep down on some screw all of you who get to look hot and gorgeous and show off your bodies while drinking martinis and champagne all night level.

So now my excitement for a cute new shirt has ended and instead I feel frustrated and sad. ok. Im done.

Baby #3 on its way!BabyFruit Ticker

Re: DH hurt my feelings. :(

• Options

that is beyond rude. make sure you tell him that was very rude comment and that it hurt you.

(and then if it was me i'd be a b*tch back to him until he can "play nice")

I hope he apologizes!

married 9/2010
    DS1 11/2010 (angel)
    DS2 5/2012
    DS3 4/2015
    New baby 6/2020
  • Options
    imageSomethingclever25:

I went out shopping last night for something to wear to a couple parties we have tonight. I bought a super cute shirt. Make that 2 super cute shirts! Long, covers my bum and im planning on wearing my leggins with my new boots I got a few months back. VERY EXCITED! I will get to stay cute and remain comfortable.

Well this morning he asks me if I found a shirt. I show him and he just stares at me then goes "so everyone else is going to be all dolled up in cocktail dresses and you are going in your pajamas. Awesome."

wtf?!?!?! I am pregnant. And being my 3rd I'm feeling things a little different and faster and worse this time. Like standing around in high heels all night sounds like a fabulous idea for my dsyfunctional pubic bone; or swollen, throbing who-ha. And let's just throw out I happen to have a small hemmeroid as well!

I told him I didn't care what everyone else was wearing. But guess what? I do. Deep down on some screw all of you who get to look hot and gorgeous and show off your bodies while drinking martinis and champagne all night level.

So now my excitement for a cute new shirt has ended and instead I feel frustrated and sad. ok. Im done.

Seriously? My husband NEVER makes negative comments about my appearance. Ever.

And if he dared to at some point in the future, I would be letting him know that such comments are not supportive, hurtful, and absolutely not acceptable.

This is a special and happy time, so don't let anyone else ruin your pregnancy or your NYE for you!

FWIW, I'm planning a very similar outfit -- a satiny tunic type top with leggings and boots. ROCK that pregnancy body AND be comfortable, friend! :)

D14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel 3rd Tri:
    imageimageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, that's rude and I don't even know how I would respond. Like a previous poster, my husband has never once been negative about my appearance, least of all not while I've been pregnant so far. I would probably tell him to go F himself and that wearing your pajamas sounds like a great idea -- put them on and stay home. lol
    --Danielle :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You won't look like you're in jammies.  On Christmas I wore leggings and a cute dressier shirt that covered everything.  I was sooooooo comfy.  DH told me all day that I looked cute, and later said, "you look like you're doing to a dinner party."  You will look fabulous!  I'm sorry DH hurt your feelings.  :(
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm sorry :-(  Your outfit sounds super cute!  I'll be wearing yoga pants and a hoodie because we are just going to DH's brother's house to hang out w/him, his wife and my 15 month old niece.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    guys dont know anything about style, my husband says stupid stuff sometimes too and I love when he opens a magazine and is like look there are your boots or sunglasses or bag etc, im like no ***
    imageimageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    omgosh thats terrible....I'm sorry your hubby is so insensitive :( 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

I'm sorry.  That's super shittty.  You have to tell him that he really hurt your feelings.  My DH commented on my weight and I had to have a come to Jesus talk with him.  

They just don't get it.  I hope you still have fun tonight.  I'm sure you look great!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is just totally unsensitive!  There isn't much us girls while pregnant can wear to feel comfortable to be able to stand around chatting in a room full of people!  I say YAAAY to the comfy clothes and as long as you feel good that is all that matters.   I don't get any comments at all whether negative or positive so I feel terrible all the time.   But I bet you will look and feel awesome and that is all that matters!    Happy new year! :) 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"