November 2011 Moms

Postpartum Sex... Again?

OK, really sorry for another redundant post about PP sex but I've been really fretting about it. I was wondering about those of you who had a vaginal birth with 2nd or 3rd degree tearing. I haven't had clearance yet to go ahead but I suspect, at least with the way things are going, that I'm still going to be sore down there come 6 weeks. Also, maybe TMI... but my perineum and the area I had stitches in seems like it's the not so stretchy scar tissue.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Postpartum Sex... Again?

• I had a 2nd degree tear and it was really fine. we went slow and used lots of lube. it honestly didn't hurt at all. i was terrified to do it but you have to start sometime, right? everyone is different though. i just warned DH in advance that if it hurt too much we were stopping immediately.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a 2nd degree tear and a lot of swelling with DD#1.  I was cleared at 6 weeks and we had sex right away.  I was a little uncomfortable at the perineum, but managable.  It went away the more we did it.  This time I only had 2 tiny tears and my perineum felt the same, but I think that is because I tore my scar tissue.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekclear:
    I had a 2nd degree tear and it was really fine. we went slow and used lots of lube. it honestly didn't hurt at all. i was terrified to do it but you have to start sometime, right? everyone is different though. i just warned DH in advance that if it hurt too much we were stopping immediately.

Same here, except we added a bottle of wine to the mix for good measure. :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"