Success after IF

Dad's not doing well.

My Dad was hospitalized last week because his white cell count was super low, his platelets were super low, and his hemoglobin dropped quickly and in top of that he was dehydrated and couldn't keep anything down...including his pain meds.  When cancer is in your bones, that's very bad times.

He decided last night to stop treatments and try to gain back some quality of life. I spent the day with him and Mom at the hospital.  Mom just called me and said they're taking him over to the cardiac care unit because they detected some atrial fibrillation.  They're testing him for all sorts of things, pneumonia being one and some others.  The nurse told Mom it could be very bad or nothing at all.

Ladies, I feel sure it's very bad.  He's so incredibly weak...I can't see that even if it is something small it will be huge for his poor body.

So please pray for him.  He and our family could really use any extra prayers you've got.  Thanks.  2011 is awful.  I've lost a grandfather, a gallbladder, a baby and now maybe my Dad.   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Dad's not doing well.

• Sweetie- I am just so very sorry.  Many hugs to you and prayers for a better 2012.  I am really sorry you are going through this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Em, I wish I could jump through the screen and give you huge hugs and a drink or 10. I am so sorry you and your family are having to deal with this. Your dad, you and your family will continue be in my thoughts and prayers.
    For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageela81:
    Em, I wish I could jump through the screen and give you huge hugs and a drink or 10. I am so sorry you and your family are having to deal with this. Your dad, you and your family will continue be in my thoughts and prayers.

Exactly this. The Emily trifecta goin on! (((((hugs))))) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so sorry.  Lots of thoughts and prayers for all of you.  I hope it is nothing and he is able to find some relief soon.
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Huge huge (((HUGS))).  You have been through so much this year and saying I'm sorry just doesn't seem like enough, but I'll still say it.  You are in my T&P's. 
  • Prayers coming for you, your dad and family at this trying time...

• Em, I am so sorry.  Sending lots of prayers.
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • I am so very sorry.  I will be praying for him and your family.  I hope he fully recovers in 2012 and it's the best year for you.  Sending you lots of thoughts and hugs!
  • I'm saying prayers for you and your family.  Losing my father was one of the hardest things that I have ever been through. I'm here to talk if you need too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ((hugs)) I am so very sorry you and your family are going through this. Your father will be in my prayers! I hope 2012 brings you and your family much happiness!
  • Oh Em, I'm so sorry.  Praying for you and your dad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • I am so sorry :( T&Ps for your dad
  • you guys are never far from my thoughts....

I wish you all a peaceful new year... whatever that entails.

Here if you need me/us....

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Oh, I don't even know what to say :(. I'm sitting here in tears for you....  I'll just ditto all of the above and send you more ((hugs)) than I can say.  
  • imageGuitaristsGirl:
    Oh, I don't even know what to say :(. I'm sitting here in tears for you....  I'll just ditto all of the above and send you more ((hugs)) than I can say.  

This, I am so sorry, I wish words could comfort you better, but I have none that will. ((((hugs))))

Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • I'm so very sorry. I lost my dad six years and it is just so hard. Huge hugs!
  • My prayers are always with you and your family.  This is so incredibly hard.  Hang in there and get support that you need.  I'm at a loss for further words so I'll just add ((hugs)).  
  • I'm here with my Mom at the hospital. He's coughing quite a bit when he's awake.  We're waiting on the radiologist to read the chest x-ray.  Mom's asleep now since I'm here and can stay awake in case someone comes in.

Ladies it's awful to sit with your Mom and watch her lose the one man she's loved with all her soul for the last 36 years.  And to see my Dad looking so frail, pitiful and barely able to speak is just, well...awful.  

Can't say I'd like to spend my NYE like this ever again.  That's for sure.  Glad I'm able to be here for her though...she needed someone bad and wouldn't ask me...so I just came. Poor thing hadn't even eaten any dinner.  Unfortunately all that was open was Wendy's...but it's better than nothing.  

I'll keep you posted.  Thank you all so much for your kind words. I really do treasure you guys.  You're somethin' special.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thoughts and prayers coming your way!
  • imageela81:
    Em, I wish I could jump through the screen and give you huge hugs and a drink or 10. I am so sorry you and your family are having to deal with this. Your dad, you and your family will continue be in my thoughts and prayers.

Totally this. I am so sorry, Em. You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

• i'm so, so sorry you are going through this. i wish comfort for your father and peace for your family.

i hope 2012 brings you more happy days. ((HUGS))

• I"m so sorry that you guys have to go through this. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry. Unfortunately, I'm incredibly familiar with everything you are talking about. I hope they can get him feeling well enough to enjoy his family for some time.
  • (((hugs)))
  • Huge hugs and thoughts coming your way. I'm so sorry you are going through this.
  • Aw, I am soooo sorry!  I will really pray for him and hope he gets better very soon.  I am terribly sorry that you have had such a bad year and hope God has something awesome in store for you this coming year.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

After 21 cycles, and severe MFI, we finally did it with IVF #1 w/ICSI! Nico arrived 12/3/08!!!
    TTC for #2: IVF w/ICSI #2-4/17/10-BFN; IVF w/ICSI #3; 7/4/10-BFP!!! Beta #1- 96; Beta #2-528; Beta #3- 7371; 6w,5d-blited ovum=D&C :(
    IUI #2 1/10/11-BFN; IUI #3 2/18/11-BFN
    IVF #4 w/ICSI & PICSI ER 5/13/11, ET 5/1/118-BFP!! Natalee arrived on 1/23/12!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Blog: Miracles Can Happen
    Parenthood Blog: The Adventures of Nico & Natalee
  • i'm so sorry sweetie. sending T&Ps and a million hugs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"