October 2011 Moms

what kind of coat do you wear with your Ergo?

i usually just wear a down vest with hat/scarf/gloves during the winter unless it is really cold or snowing and then i wear my down coat.  if i am going to be taking DS out to the car with the bundle me over his car seat and i have him dressed normally with a hat and then i take him and put him in the Ergo, i feel like i need to wear something that i can wrap around him for the short walk in to the store. 

i don't know why i am stressing over this, i just don't want him to get cold.  tell me what you wear...

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash

Re: what kind of coat do you wear with your Ergo?

• I wear my normal coat over the Beco, then put C inside without zippering. I was using a regular blanket tucked around her, but just purchased a blanket on BabySteals that's been working great. It's fleece on one side and waterproof on the other with ribbons to tie it onto the carrier (or stroller). It's made by Rain or Shine Kids. This may not work when it gets very cold here (think -45 C), but it works great for now.

I hear the Peekaroo is really useful, too.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just took DD out today and wore my regular wool coat (put on DD in Ergo first, then put on coat.) Then I just tucked a blanket around the front and tucked it into the top and sides of the Ergo. I could also wear H's jacket and fit both me and DD inside and zip it up (H is a big guy.) I was thinking today I wonder if I could finagle a way to put the Bundle Me over the Ergo (like the cover they sell for the Baby Bjorn - my friend has one) but I couldn't figure out how to make it work.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecrystalbaby:
    Is your coat large enough to where you could put the Ergo on under it and then pull it around DS while you're walking into the store?

Not really :(.  

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • I put the boy in a bundle-y fleece suit before putting him in the bjorn. My coat goes on over the bjorn but doesn't zip up over him.
  • I take my coat off and put it over DS in the Ergo. I'd much rather him be warm than me. I also make sure to bring extra blankets. I will not put DS in a snowsuit or heavy outfit in the Ergo because I don't want him too warm and I certainly don't want to add another step for me by having to undress him...
  • Thanks everyone. Sounds like a blanket is the way to go. 
  • I put DS in fleece bunting in my wrap (the one that looks like a little bear). He has never seen too warm. I only do this when its in the 40s and below. I wear him under my jacket. If it gets colder then I wrap a blanket around him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I live in NC so we have yet to have really cold weather during the day, but I'm a throw the baby in the ergo and sling a blanket around her kind of momma.  My baby is like a hot box in the ergo and after an hour of wearing we are both sweating.  She's 15 lbs now so I count it as a workout!

I put her in a cotton sleep and play when baby wearing too.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"