December 2010 Moms
Options

Stroller recs?

We have the Jeep Liberty stroller with rubber tires, which I totally love.  Our problem is that it keeps getting flat tires!  We live in the desert and there are these things called "stickers" or "goatheads" that grow on plants and are so sharp they puncture through bike tires, wheelbarrow tires, even shoes sometimes!  They keep making the stroller tires go flat and I'm tired of it.  I got the okay from my DH today to buy another stroller, as long as I keep it on the cheap end (I'm hoping for $50 or under).  Any recommendations?  I want something that I can walk on the road with but that is also small/light enough to go in the car for trips.  TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stroller recs?

• Options
    imagemands629:

I got a City Mini yesterday, and it's out of your price range, so I'm no help.

But, my friend did recommend First Years Jet Stroller the other day.  She said it got great reviews on Amazon and was really reasonable for a second stroller.

We looked at both the Jet and the Ignite by first years and chose the Ignite - its a bit bigger and heartier and more like the Citi Mini. We love it! We get compliments on it all the time since it has a lot of features of the more expensive umbrella class strollers, but is much less expensive. It folds up super small and C can even nap in it. 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    I have no stroller recs, sorry. I just want to say HOLY CRAP!!! Those sound like some serious stickers!
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Goatheads suuuuck! We don't off road much so no stroller recs, but we have the city mini and enjoy it but its out of your price range unless you find one on craigslist.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:
    imagemands629:

I got a City Mini yesterday, and it's out of your price range, so I'm no help.

But, my friend did recommend First Years Jet Stroller the other day.  She said it got great reviews on Amazon and was really reasonable for a second stroller.

We looked at both the Jet and the Ignite by first years and chose the Ignite - its a bit bigger and heartier and more like the Citi Mini. We love it! We get compliments on it all the time since it has a lot of features of the more expensive umbrella class strollers, but is much less expensive. It folds up super small and C can even nap in it. 

Hm, I'm going to have to look into the Ignite, I've been drawn to the lightweight strollers every time we go near the baby section of stores and I haven't seen anything I love yet. 

I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options

imagedee12807:
    I have no stroller recs, sorry. I just want to say HOLY CRAP!!! Those sound like some serious stickers!

It's ridiculous!  We are from western NY so they were completely new to us, but they get on EVERYTHING.  They stick in our shoes, pant legs, the dog's feet... then they get tracked in the house and probably about once a day someone steps on one and you hear an expletive shouted. Stick out tongue  We are trying to be better about that!  

I ended up ordering the Contours Lite Stroller from Amazon.  It was on sale for $54 and I guess is usually $119?  I was actually leaning toward the Ignite, but we decided to go with this one.  I hope it wasn't a mistake!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"