March 2012 Moms
Options

Need Advice-Belly Support!

I'm having really bad sciatica,pelvic pain and pain in the left hip and leg. A couple family members said that I should try one of the belts. Have you ladies ever used one and if so did it help and which ones are the best??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need Advice-Belly Support!

• Options
    I had to start going to a physical therapist for my pelvic pain and she made me get a belt. She said you really don't need anything too fancy. As long as it goes fully around your back and across the lowest part of your belly you should be good. I got mind from Motherhood Maternity and it was just a simply belt, not the thinner one that's like 3 inches though I got the thicker one that more like 5 inches wide and has velcro elastic strips on each side so you can tighten as needed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My doc gave me a belt and yes I noticed a difference! Hope you feel better!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had pretty bad sciatica pain on my right going down my right leg during this pregnancy.  I was in PT for a while and was discharged.  I have this belt https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=976100113&MasterCategory_Id=MC32 which works pretty well and helps a bit since I am on my feet most of the day. I know my OB office also has ones too if I needed, but they are not just a band like this one is.
  • Options

Thanks ladies! Lizzy-I just ordered one just like that one besides it has a band that goes over the top of the belly too. I really hope it helps!

• Options
    I use the gabrielle and it helps me a lot, it depends on how/why your back hurts but wearing it makes me feel like I am not even pregnant!  It also helps my posture which as been suffering since my chest doubled in size.  I also find stretching and walking through the pain improves it a lot.
  • Options

imageLizzyBlueEyes:
    I have had pretty bad sciatica pain on my right going down my right leg during this pregnancy.  I was in PT for a while and was discharged.  I have this belt https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=976100113&MasterCategory_Id=MC32 which works pretty well and helps a bit since I am on my feet most of the day. I know my OB office also has ones too if I needed, but they are not just a band like this one is.

This is the one I was talking about as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"