Trouble TTC

This is for all my bumpies!!!

?Thoughts on Becoming a Mother?

There are women that become mothers without effort,

without thought, without patience or loss

and though they are good mothers and love their children,

I know that I will be better.

I will be better not because of genetics, or money or that I have read more books

but because I have struggled and toiled for this child.

I have longed and waited.

I have cried and prayed.

I have endured and planned over and over again.

Like most things in life, the people who truly have appreciation

are those who have struggled to attain their dreams.

I will notice everything about my little child.

I will take time to watch her sleep, explore and discover.

I will marvel at this miracle everyday for the rest of my life.

I will be happy when I wake in the middle of the night to the sound of her cry,

knowing that I can comfort, hold and feed her

and not waking to a cry of broken dream, for my DREAM will be crying for me.

I consider myself lucky in this sense;

that God has given me insight, this special vision

with which I will look upon her unlike any one else.

I will NOT be careless of my LOVE.

I have been trialed by fire and hell that others may have faced,

yet given time, and 9 months, I stood tall.

I have prevailed.

I have succeeded.

I have won.

When I see others hurt around me,

I do not run from their pain in order to save myself discomfort.

I see it, mourn it, and join in theirs.

I listen.

And even though I cannot make it better,

I can make it less lonely.

I have learned that immense power of another hand holding tight to mine,

of other eyes that moisten as they learn to accept the harsh truth

and when life is beyond hard.

I have learned a compassion that only comes with walking in those shoes.

I have learned to appreciate my life.

....YES! I will Be a Wonderful Mother...

-------------AUTHOR UNKNOWN

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This is for all my bumpies!!!

• Well said (and quoted:)).
  • Well said (and quoted?).
  • Loading the player...
  • I love this.. I plan on posting it on my Facebook once I'm finally expecting. 
    Dx PCOS (June 2006, re-confirmed March 2012), Anemia (May 2010-Still fighting to correct it), Fibromyalgia (May 2011)
    Initial b/w - normal
    HSG (March 2012) revealed right tube open and looking great. Left tube deformed with hydrosalpinx.
    Lap (April 2012) Removal of left fallopian tube. Right tube open and viable, but "rather enlarged." NO evidence of endometriosis...Uterus looks beautiful and "very capable" of carrying a pregnancy!
    October 2012 - Clomid 50mg + trigger + IUI = BFN
    With all factors taken into account, RE is recommending IVF. Planning on moving forward with treatment as a single woman using DS by Summer 2013.
    After 17 months of trying, Surprise BFP #1 2.15.2008 | EDD 8.7.2008 | Lost 2.16.2008
    After 2 more years of trying, Surprise BFP #2 1.29.2012 | EDD 9.11.2012 | Lost 1.29.2012
    Surprise BFP #3 3.27.2012 | EDD 12/2/2012 | Lost 4.1.2012
    imageimage
    someecards.com - Get a colonic?!? Some older lady said that's what she did to cure her infertility...Who knew a fancy enema and a sparkling clean ass would cure my infertility.
    My Blog Pinterest
  • So true. Love it!

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• imageShayliz:
    I love this.. I plan on posting it on my Facebook once I'm finally expecting. 

I love this idea...and this poem.  Thanks for sharing! 

• Yes

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• imageShayliz:
    I love this.. I plan on posting it on my Facebook once I'm finally expecting. 

Beautiful. And ditto to posting it on FB.

me 26 / DH 29
    TTC#1 since 5/2010 (charting, AO)
    2/2011: DX: PCOS, hypothyroid (1700 mg Metformin, 50 mcg Synthroid)
    8/10/2011: First RE appt.
    9/2011 & 10/2011: Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    11/2011: Femara + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    1/2012: Femara + Follistim + Ovidrel + TI = BFP! (Praise the Lord!)
    ?3/23/2012: Graduated from the RE... moving on to a regular OB!?
    ?10/29/2012: Our precious baby boy was born via emergency C-section. 5 lbs, 13 oz; 18" long ?

Anniversary
  • So true. Thanks for sharing 
  • Love this. Thank you for posting this.
  • Love it! Well said!
    imageimage
    TTC Since 2/2009
    2/2010 - 5/2010 Testing with OBGYN
    8/2010 First RE Appointment
    11/2010 Second Opinion RE Appointment
    12/2010 Clomid + IUI #1 = BFN
    1/2011 Clomid + IUI #2 = BFN
    2/2011 Clomid + IUI #3 = BFN
    5/2011 IVF #1, ET 6/2, Beta 6/15 = BFN
    8/2011 FET ET 9/12 = BFN :0(
    On a break to save money.
    1/2012 IVF #2 ER 1/12, ET 1/15, Beta 1/27 = BFFN
    4/2012 FET ET ??/?? =
    p/saif welcome
  • Gotta be honest, this is ridiculous. I have some friends who are freaking fertile myrtles and are excellent, wonderful, compassionate parents who are thankful and acutely aware of how blessed they are to have children. And I think it's pretty offensive to those who haven't struggled to conceive to say that struggle makes you a better parent-- that means 5 out of 6 couples are going to suck as parents just because they HAVEN'T had issues conceiving and the only way you're going to be a good parent is if you survive IF first.

How long or how short it took you to get pregnant has little bearing on how good a parent you'll be once the child is here.

What a load of crap. 

• imageMrs_Liberto:

Gotta be honest, this is ridiculous. I have some friends who are freaking fertile myrtles and are excellent, wonderful, compassionate parents who are thankful and acutely aware of how blessed they are to have children. And I think it's pretty offensive to those who haven't struggled to conceive to say that struggle makes you a better parent-- that means 5 out of 6 couples are going to suck as parents just because they HAVEN'T had issues conceiving and the only way you're going to be a good parent is if you survive IF first.

How long or how short it took you to get pregnant has little bearing on how good a parent you'll be once the child is here.

What a load of crap. 

Yes

Damn I must be a shitty mother because I didn't need treatments to get pregnant. Better alert DCYS. 

Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMrs_Liberto:

Gotta be honest, this is ridiculous. I have some friends who are freaking fertile myrtles and are excellent, wonderful, compassionate parents who are thankful and acutely aware of how blessed they are to have children. And I think it's pretty offensive to those who haven't struggled to conceive to say that struggle makes you a better parent-- that means 5 out of 6 couples are going to suck as parents just because they HAVEN'T had issues conceiving and the only way you're going to be a good parent is if you survive IF first.

What a load of crap. 

This completely!  Way to make TTC/Pregnancy competitve.  Will you think you are a better mother because you stay at home or breastfeed too?  Geeze.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • imageMrs_Liberto:

What a load of crap. 

I agree.  I struggled ttc for 4 years, a miscarriage and a double IF diagnosis.  I'm far from a perfect mother.  There are days I love my son more than life itself and there are days I wonder what in the world I was thinking.   It's a sweet poem and if it helps you get through the day, then great.  However, it's insulting to fertiles and misleading for women who do get pregnant after IF.  

There were (and still are) days when I complained about not feeling good while pregnant or groaned that the baby was awake and I wanted to sleep.  Then, I thought of statements and poems like this and felt horrible.  I remembered how much I dreamed, charted, planned, tested, temped and cried for a baby and how so many of my friends were still struggling and I felt like crap for complaining.  

(Once) infertile women can complain about being pregnant, about motherhood and can be bad moms now and again, just like teen moms who got ktfu in the back of a car on prom night can be outstanding mothers.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • As usual, I agree with Lib, sourapple, goofy, & Balls.

Anyone can be a fantastic parent, just as anyone can be a crappy one. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"