Late Term and Child Loss
Options

self-esteem issues?

Anyone else suffering from self-esteem issues?  It may be PMS, and the fact that we didn't conceive our first TTCAL (completely irrational I know) but I have been feeling really down the past few days.  I feels as if I look like a giant blob and want to crawl under the covers and not come out. 

I'm also down on my body because I feel that can't stay pregnant and now (irrational I know) I feel as if I will never get pregnant. Plus, I don't even know if I have AF or just spotting.  WTH?

/vent/whine

BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart

Re: self-esteem issues?

• Options
    Yes, I completely understand.  I try so hard to forgive my body, to know that I did all I could and that my body tried to keep my baby safe, but it's so hard to forgive and trust in myself again.  I also get frustrated that I'm not losing the baby weight fast enough, and then I get mad at myself like "who cares if you weigh 10 lbs extra, what does that really matter right now."  But I try every day to forgive my body and to know I'm working as hard as I can to lose the weight, if I don't trust in myself it will be impossible to get through another pregnancy.

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Options
    Yes.  Self-esteem is my enemy, never my friend.  It was 10x worse after losing Logan, and TTCAL only intensified that.  Now that I am pregnant again, it's intensified in a whole new way...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes... I was just trying to explain this to my DH last night.  I feel like a disappointment because my body was supposed to be able to protect my sweet little boy and it didn't.  Also, I'm only two and a half weeks out, but part of me can't wait to get this baby weight off and the other part of me wants to keep it forever, like evidence that my little guy really was here.  At the same time I'm disgusted with how I look right now.  Sigh... the difference between logic and emotions, huh?

• Options
    I hear you. I feel fat and mad at my body because it's not regulating. I just want to get pregnant again and "succeed" this time, even though I know I didn't fail.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes. I gained over 40 lbs when I was pregnant with Eliott, and I still had about half of them to lose after delivering him.  In the beginning, I didn't care enough to do anything about it.  I only started caring enough to work out this past summer (before I got pg. I was in super shape) and I finally started weight watchers about 2 weeks ago. 

I also get the part about getting/staying pregnant.  This is a big one for me and I struggle a lot with that.

Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    Yes!! I am flabby and my boobs are now non-existent. At first I wanted to keep the weight to remind me that I was pregnant but now I'm just grossed out by it. I had a bad rash all over my face for WEEKS after the delivery too so that just added insult. I also don't even know if I have AF or just spotting, my temps are all over the place so I don't think I'm ovulating and it's all driving me crazy.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"