Stay at Home Moms

Top goals for 2012

What are your top goals/resolutions for 2012?

I don't usually make resolutions, but I decided that this year, I'd like to focus on some goals...hopefully I'll stick to them ;)

1) start running again (get in shape)

2) drink more water (less coffee)

3) read 24 books this year

4) make homemade bread (at least once, hopefully regularly)

5) cook/bake more from scratch (I already do this a lot, but I'd like to keep at it more and more)

CP 3/07
BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
BFP 11/14

Re: Top goals for 2012

• 1. Have this baby!!

2. Lose the baby weight

3. Put on "real" clothes every day (or the majority of the time anyway)

4. Keep up with my cleaning schedule

5. Become a better meal planner 

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • ooh I like the water one!  I keep saying I need to drink more water and less coffee.  We just got a filtration system so it it convenient enough- I just have to DO it!

Also, this year I turn 30, so although I don't do resolutions, i'm all about the goals this year.  I'd like to take more chances. Nothing crazy, just get out of my comfort zone- stop being boring! I want my kid(s) to live life to the fullest, so I need to!

And who doesn't want to look better?  I'm back to pre-baby weight (actually just under) but another 10 lbs and some strength training will get me where I want to be.  Hopefully chasing and carrying P around will do, because I suck at making it to the gym! (which is pretty pathetic, since by "gym" I mean the machines in my basement Embarrassed)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm going to call them goals because I think I will be more likely to keep them that way. :)

1) Lose fifty pounds by August

2) Drink more water

3) Cook more often. I loved the post about crockpot meals. Great idea! 

4) Tighten up our budget.

5) Pay off our debt!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I have quite a bit and I hope to actually take them serious this year because they affect our future:

1.  Pay off all our debt (not including student loans), we are trying to buy a house and in a great rental home right now, but we have to get our act together this year to finish paying off our debt in order to get a mortgage

2.  For me I am already working out and eating right, but I want to challenge myself more so I am planning on hiking weekly and.or taking some yoga classes.  

3.  Concentrate on teaching my 3 year old how to read, she is doing so well and I want to keep working with her.

4.  Keep getting along with DH, we are doing pretty good have not had a bad argument in awhile :)  

5.  Working on enjoying every moment I have with my kids, as they are growing so quickly and I know I will be back to working full time in a few years so I want to enjoy these last few years with them before they are off with friends and in school full time....

• 1. Work up the nerve to sign up for a half-marathon.  Once I'm signed up I'm committed, it's getting signed up that's the problem.  I did a few 5ks this past year and even the Warrior Dash (already signed up for 2012, did it the day registration opened, lol), I CAN do a half.  I know I can.

2. Organize.  With a new garage and an office coming up I have NO more excuses for a cluttered kitchen that has been doing double duty as an office as well.  I'm taking my kitchen back.  And I'll have a proper work space!  Plus I will finally have a tool bench in the garage to put all of DH's billions and billions of tools.  They will finally have a home.

3. Stop "saving" stuff for another day or a special thing/event.  Use my fun wine glasses because it's Wednesday.   

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • -keep the house spiffy

-knit an afgan for my parents

-sew a quilt for my niece's bday (march) 

-become a jogger

-pay off DH's credit card

FYI to all those interested in paying off debt, Gail Vaz-Oxlade's books are fab! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • There are so many things I want to do this year! Twelve has always been my lucky number, so I feel good about this next year!

1.  Stick to my cleaning schedule better than I have been- I want my house to be "company-ready" or at least close to it all the time!

2.  Take care of our paper clutter problem. My office area has always been a disaster and I would really love to find a system that works for us.

3. Meal plan every week and cook using more veggies- I'm bad about not making us veggies.

4. Stick to our budget.

5. Be a better planner in general. I would like to have activities planned to do with the kids every week, go to the library each week and have books to go with the activities, not waste my time with the kids trying to figure out what to have for dinner, etc.

6. Make my religion/spirituality more a part of my life. I want my kids to grow up seeing this.

7. Be healthier in general, including be more active on a daily basis. I would love to complete C25K, but I'm not keeping my hopes up for that. I've tried to follow schedules too much, so I"ll be happy if I can just be more active. 

8. And all of these things contribute to my ultimate goal for 2012: Live my life to the fullest and enjoy every day and every moment with my kids and husband. I've realized more than ever this last year that life is precious and we never know how much time we have with the ones we love! 

• GET IN SHAPE, seriously.

Work on my and H, get things much more "normal"

GET IN SHAPE, for real.

Get some kind of schedule for cleaning/organizing.

GET IN SHAPE, and stay there.

• 1) have this baby
    2) Lose the pregnancy weight/comfortable in my bathing suit by the summer
    3) Survive having 2 kids
    4) run another half marathon and beat my previous personal record

Usually I have resolutions to cut back on diet coke ( my one true vice), but with 2 kids I will NEED it, so eff that! :)
  • 1. Relax!

2. Work out 3-4 times a week.

3. Work on my relationship with my husband. It is all about the kids right now and that needs to change.

• See blog post :)
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• imagebim38106:

What are your top goals/resolutions for 2012?

I don't usually make resolutions, but I decided that this year, I'd like to focus on some goals...hopefully I'll stick to them ;)

1) start running again (get in shape)

2) drink more water (less coffee)

3) read 24 books this year

4) make homemade bread (at least once, hopefully regularly)

5) cook/bake more from scratch (I already do this a lot, but I'd like to keep at it more and more)

1. Get back into running. I plan of signing up for some 5Ks with MH for motivation.

2. Reign in the temper

3. Maintain a 3.5 GPA in school (my first semester in 8 years)

4. No more yo-yo dieting!! Which segues into...

5. Cook more healthy meals at home. And convince MH that a few vegetarian meals a week are not the devil :) 

6. Family travel before MH deploys again next summer. There are so many places we want to go that are in driving distance from where we live!  

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • 1. Finish losing baby weight

2. Learn to juggle day to day life with a baby

3. Drink more water and stop drinking cokes! 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"