Infertility Veterans

update

Hi everyone.  I had my WTF today as a follow up to my third failed IVF cycle.  I did get the 20% success rate talk and then the 40% chance of miscarriage but she is willing to cycle me.  Maybe even twice before I turn 40 (4 months) and insurance drops me.  She also finally suggested that hubby and I take a "carrier" test as well as fragile X.  Apparently this takes several weeks to come back so the cycle will start without it.  I am going to be doing the same EPP/high stims protocol again because I have responded reasonably well.  One thing she suggested was that I get a second opinion.  I am at a very good clinic and am pretty sure that any of the other standard clinics around me, are going to say the same thing.  I have tried both of the major protocols for poor responders.  Any of the MA ladies have a suggestion on where I should go for this second opinion?  Also, how does everyone on this board feel about acupuncture?  I think I have decided to stop.  It is costing a fortune and not really sure it's having any benefit.  Thanks ladies.

Re: update

• Glad they aren't booting you sweetie.  If you want that second opinion, I would suggest Dr. C.ardone in Stoneham. He will go to retrieval with one or two follies. His practice is older women and poor responders (high fsh, low AMH). Both DH and I really liked him. He recommended a low stim approach to try to get better egg quality.  I know your embies have looked good on paper so it may just be a numbers game for you and #3 will be the winner. Of course, Stoneham is not convenient for monitoring if you live down 95 towards RI. But you can go to any Boston IVF center for monitoring as he has an arrangement with them for billing and they have a bunch of places around. We didn't go with him because it was going to be hard for me to get monitoring since I work the opposite direction on 95 and we loved Dr Check last week.

Do you find acupunture to be relaxing?  It really wasn't for me but I think it had more to do with the therapist not specializing in infertility and she didn't have night hours. Going during lunch was a PITA for me since I am too busy to get away then.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• imageMrs.McIrish:

Glad they aren't booting you sweetie.  If you want that second opinion, I would suggest Dr. C.ardone in Stoneham. He will go to retrieval with one or two follies. His practice is older women and poor responders (high fsh, low AMH). Both DH and I really liked him. He recommended a low stim approach to try to get better egg quality.  I know your embies have looked good on paper so it may just be a numbers game for you and #3 will be the winner. Of course, Stoneham is not convenient for monitoring if you live down 95 towards RI. But you can go to any Boston IVF center for monitoring as he has an arrangement with them for billing and they have a bunch of places around. We didn't go with him because it was going to be hard for me to get monitoring since I work the opposite direction on 95 and we loved Dr Check last week.

Do you find acupunture to be relaxing?  It really wasn't for me but I think it had more to do with the therapist not specializing in infertility and she didn't have night hours. Going during lunch was a PITA for me since I am too busy to get away then.

Hey!  I deleted my response to you.  I am going to send a PM.  :) 

• Loading the player...
  • No advice on MA clinics for 2nd opinions. Just wanted to say I'm glad you're getting to move ahead - good luck!
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • imagemtlaurel:
    No advice on MA clinics for 2nd opinions. Just wanted to say I'm glad you're getting to move ahead - good luck!

Thanks Sweets! 

• I'm glad she'll cycle you again and that's great that she's in favor of you getting a 2nd opinion. I'm going to have everything crossed for you this cycle ((HUGS)).

I wanted to start accu back in November so I went to see one recommended by my RE. After my first consult, she recommended I come 3x/week leading up to my cycle but we have no ins. coverage for it and we just can't afford $75 3x/week like the accu recommended. When I told her that, she at least recommended I come once or twice during stims and then once b/t ER and ET and once after ET. She said even those few sessions can be of some benefit so for now, that's the plan.

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagejessican08:

I'm glad she'll cycle you again and that's great that she's in favor of you getting a 2nd opinion. I'm going to have everything crossed for you this cycle ((HUGS)).

I wanted to start accu back in November so I went to see one recommended by my RE. After my first consult, she recommended I come 3x/week leading up to my cycle but we have no ins. coverage for it and we just can't afford $75 3x/week like the accu recommended. When I told her that, she at least recommended I come once or twice during stims and then once b/t ER and ET and once after ET. She said even those few sessions can be of some benefit so for now, that's the plan.

Thanks Jessica. Maybe there is a way to just go a few times.  I was going once a week and then when it got closer to stims 2 times a week and then before and after ER and ET.  I may try this cycle without and compare.  I don't really enjoy it so I would rather spend the money on something else like massage. 

• i'm glad you will be moving forward cutie.

i think 2nd opinions can't hurt.  you should maybe check into phone consult with ccrm, they are free if they don't have license in your state. 

GL & PPV

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • I am 40 so i know the talk...ugh-sorry. I was on EPP a few times and I did perform well and supposedly had the best quality. A 2nd opinion can't hurt. I don't know REs in MA but what about a consult at CCRM just to see what they would say? That would have been our next step if we continued with treatments. Lots of ladies on the board have done it.

Wishing you all the best...however you move forward -good luck :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetheworms:

i'm glad you will be moving forward cutie.

i think 2nd opinions can't hurt.  you should maybe check into phone consult with ccrm, they are free if they don't have license in your state. 

GL & PPV

Thanks Worms!  I didn't know they consulted for free.  That is very interesting. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"